🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How can I get any job?
Page options
xiecheng
Community Member

How can I get any job?

I know my English not native, but I really tired looking and using carefully connects and getting 0 result. I have to have make money. Please help me how I can get any job for upgrading my profile? I want to get jobs and buy pro membership. But I don't know, may have been made mistake somewhere. I know too many windows applications as well, but I can't convert this knowledge to money. Help me plaese

9 REPLIES 9
PradeepH

Hi Mirkanan,

Thank you for your message. I suggest you check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Visit our Resource Center and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork

Thanks for your answer, I haven't read those articles until the end yet, but this wasn't helpfully. I've been tried everything for about 2 years, watched videos about how to increase profile, portfolio, how to write message to potential clients and something like that. But eventually without any result I'm writing here, all my effort without result. Is this possible to start Upwork.com freelancing without money? I'm accepting participating my web experience with Upwork.com for getting freelance jobs (or free connects for able to send my offers). I mean, I can work for Upwork sometime for getting connects to be able to send proposals. Really, my social and economic situation are critical since 2012, and since 2019 everything getting worse. And I don't know how to get any money like freelancer. 

Hi Mirkanan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your profile and would like to suggest a few things that may help you.

1. I noticed that you haven't submitted proposals in the last 14 days. I highly recommend for you to put yourself out there by submitting more proposals to increase your chances of getting a response from clients.

2. Freelancing is your business, and like any business owner, you have to make investments to sell your products or services. When business is conducted in person, you might take a prospective client to lunch, spend money on a special presentation, or travel to the client’s business or home to discuss the work. With these steps, you are not only marketing your services, but you are also showing potential clients that you are serious about your business and invested in building a working relationship with them. Connects are an investment toward your freelance career.

3. You may also want to consider upskilling and learning new skills to increase your marketability. Competition is getting tough not only in Upwork but also on other platforms, especially since most people nowadays opt to work remotely. One possible reason might be also the fewer demands for jobs that fall under your selected skill set. You can also revisit the skills you have selected in your profile, only if applicable.

Here's another helpful article that you may find useful:
• 15 Ways to Grow Your Freelance Business

I hope this helps.

~ AJ
Upwork

Dear Moderator, thanks for your time, and your answer. Maybe you don't believe that, but I'm trying to not spend too many connects on scam job posts. 
- Have you checked how many times I have been online in the last month?

If you watch my search time you will see exactly I'm looking for job, but there is no way to get connects back exactly you don't know if this task scam or not. 100% hire rate people too didn't reply.

Hi Mirkanan,

We return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. Please know as well that we are not privy as to why clients don't respond to proposals.

I would still suggest for you to send proposals as this is your way of applying for jobs.

~ AJ
Upwork

I understood ma'am about clients don't respond, but my English is not perfect for explaining what's going on exactly. Let me try to explain, I've selected jobs that the clients, with a 100% hiring rate, or which jobs are actually posted for 3 hours. But there are problems that for Upwork doesn't matter if you are spending your monthly 10 connect for 10$ jobs posts, or 100$ jobs posts. I made mistakes when I started Upwork, I spent my connects on the wrong jobs, and I'm thinking Upwork should create a solution that connects useability for users who have not yet found a job. For example, if I can get a job 10$, Upwork takes 2$ of this, but if will availability to solve something like those:

- Send any job to the proposal using 0 connect, and only one person can in an hour, and after work, you will take 5$. I absolutely can work like that, and I think there are too many members who can accept this. And something like that is the best solution for Upwork and beginner members.

- Or will be any options that if the job owner selected another freelancer, return connects.

Thanks again for your time and answer, and for reading all my comments until the end.

parthbhavnani
Community Member

Hi Mirkanan, I started off not too long ago, just like you. I understand the feeling of needing to make money. I've been there, done that. I'd be happy to get on a call with you, see what you've been doing, and make some recommendations. Feel free to message me about it 🙂

Thanks for your time.

I need to learn from you kindly can you teach me.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members