cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get more Invitation to Interview?

Highlighted
Sk. Abu S Member Since: Apr 6, 2015
1 of 9

Dear All

I've been working for a long time but  recently I cannot get any job Invitation to Interview.  Anybody can inform me have any way to get more Invitation.

Regards,

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 9

Hi Sk. Abu,

I see you are regularly winning jobs on Upwork which is great, but it's possible that some clients see the number of active jobs on your profile as a sign of unavailability. You might want to think about reaching out to your clients and asking them to close some of those contracts, in case they don't have any further work for you.

Highlighted
3 of 9

Thanks for the quick reply with technical solution.

Question:
I have send message to my active clients and told them if not available jobs right now please contract end but they don't communication with me, now what can I do?

Regards

Highlighted
4 of 9

Hi Sk. Abu,

If you haven't heard back from your clients in a while, you can start closing these jobs yourself. We do advise freelancers to communicate with clients about future engagements when delivering work and receiving payment, and asking them to end the contract if no further work is expected in the near future.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Abdulla A Member Since: Jun 6, 2016
5 of 9

Privet, Vladimir!

I get same trouble 4 days ago, client pay me and dissapear w/o closing contract. I text to him 3 times, and haven't any feedback from him. Can you advice me, what count of days i should wait before closing contract? (and is it touched my jss? im newbie and only done 3 job for 2 weeks, and rly afraid for bad score from clients or something, touching my reputation badly)

Highlighted
6 of 9

Hi Abdulla,

I would give the client a bit more time to respond to your requests before taking any action on the contract. In the meantime, to learn how the Job Success Score is calculated, please see these two resources, among others: here and here. You can find valuable information in the Getting Started as a Freelancer section of the Help Center, in our Freelancer Guide and Trust & Safety FAQ

Highlighted
MD Rabiul I Member Since: Nov 19, 2018
7 of 9

Hi Vladimir, Thank you for your great advice. I have suffered the same problem as Abu. I have 14 jobs in progress. But most of the clients are not active on Upwork and they do not give me a new job and they do not end the contract too. Day by day I am losing profile view as well as I did not get an interview for a few months. my question is " whether If I end my contact myself then it can be any effect of my job success score? Thank you!

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 9

Hi MD Rabiul,

Thanks for your question. Generally speaking, it's better to check with the client and ask them to close the contract if no more work needs to be done on it. That way, you can be sure you're on the same page and the client doesn't need the contract to be open anymore but also that way the client will be prompted to leave feedback on the contract. That said, if the client doesn't respond and doesn't close the contract for a log time, you can go ahead and close it yourself. The client may not leave feedback but missing feedback only affects your Job Success Score when it represents a significant portion of your contracts.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
9 of 9

Hi Vladimir, Thanks for your advice!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS