🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How can I get more invitation from Upwork?
Page options
aseem55
Community Member

How can I get more invitation from Upwork?

I am new at upwork but I have 3+ years of work experience. I am already completed 250+ work in others marketplace but I can not understand. How can I build up my Upwork profile? please anyone helps me and give me a good suggestion. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
global_lau
Community Member

Hi Aseem, you don't say what you do to give you a custom answer, but in general terms, what you can do is to make sure you have a complete and proofread profile. (picture, description, catching name, portfolio, etc. 

If you have specializations, feel free to add custom profiles. I think you can add up to 2. If you can, not mandatory, make a short video about you and your services. 

One thing that experienced professionals don't come to term easily, and I do understand because I'm also trying to start, you need to lower your rates at the beginning.

Also, not a lot of ppl mention this, there's a readiness test in the "Find work" drop down menu that you can complete.

And apply for as many jobs you consider you are good to do.

If you want to know more about this, in this community forum there's a post where upwork ppl offer webinars, it is worth to watch the old ones. It gives very good and detailed info on how to improve your profile.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
global_lau
Community Member

Hi Aseem, you don't say what you do to give you a custom answer, but in general terms, what you can do is to make sure you have a complete and proofread profile. (picture, description, catching name, portfolio, etc. 

If you have specializations, feel free to add custom profiles. I think you can add up to 2. If you can, not mandatory, make a short video about you and your services. 

One thing that experienced professionals don't come to term easily, and I do understand because I'm also trying to start, you need to lower your rates at the beginning.

Also, not a lot of ppl mention this, there's a readiness test in the "Find work" drop down menu that you can complete.

And apply for as many jobs you consider you are good to do.

If you want to know more about this, in this community forum there's a post where upwork ppl offer webinars, it is worth to watch the old ones. It gives very good and detailed info on how to improve your profile.

Laura R wrote:

I don't agree that new freelancers need to charge rock-bottom prices (the OP is already charging only $5/hour). Low rates attract bad clients and put off good clients, and can hurt you more than help you. If you were to go into a shop and see - for example - a watch that costs $3, would you think that it's a good, high-quality watch? I certainly wouldn't. 

Thank you very much.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members