cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I improve my profile to attract more clients and to win jobs?

arvinkent1235
Arvin Kent L Member Since: Jun 23, 2015
1 of 4

Hello,

I am a Top Rated Freelancer wtih 100% job success and very good reputation in my work history but I am having hard time in getting new jobs. I am always applying to jobs daily but my proposals are always being declined, ignored, and sometimes if the client already replied to my proposal and then I responded to the client's message, the client's no longer response and I am thinking if what is the problem, is it because of my overview in my profile or profile picture or level of English or my proposals? I already attented the recent webinar that Upwork invited me and I followed all the tips but still I don't get to win jobs. I am afraid that my connects will be reduced to 0 again and this will be the 2nd month that I didn't get any work.

Thank you for those who can help me with this problem.

Regards,

~ Arvin Kent

naomij1411
Community Leader
Naomi J Member Since: May 15, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 4

Hey Arvin,

I am relatively new here and hope that one day I can have the same levels of job success as you do.  If you have been consistent in receiving work and it has suddenly fallen off, is that because you have recently upped your rates?  I see you currently charge $7 per hour according to your profile, but previous jobs were at $4 an hour.  Personally I think $7 an hour is a very good rate which any client should be ecstatic about paying for someone with your ratings, but if you have just jumped from $4 to $7 then it may exclude the types of clients you were used to working with.  Maybe you need to work on your profile and portfolio to appeal to a new range of clients? 

Personally I would not spend the first paragraph talking about character traits e.g. being hardworking/committed to timeliness, as clients would hope that goes without saying.  The feedback you receive will tell them that anyway.  I would make the first paragraph about your skills and experience.

Just my thoughts

Good luck Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
3 of 4

"Personally I would not spend the first paragraph talking about character traits e.g. being hardworking/committed to timeliness, as clients would hope that goes without saying.  The feedback you receive will tell them that anyway.  I would make the first paragraph about your skills and experience."

I agree.

Arvin have a look here: https://support.upwork.com/entries/23098347 

arvinkent1235
Arvin Kent L Member Since: Jun 23, 2015
4 of 4

Hi Naomi,

Thank you for your answer and I really appreciate it. Actually my previous rate was $5 then I jumped to $7 but even though when my rate was $5 before, I still don't get to win jobs.

Warm Regards,

~ Arvin Kent

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS