🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How can I increase my profile-view?
Page options
deardipu
Community Member

How can I increase my profile-view?

My 'profile viewer' graph has been decreasing day by day. I will be grateful to you if you let me know how I can improve it. So that I will get more visitor clients to my profile and get more invitations. So that I can do more jobs.

Thanks for your time and consideration.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Frankly, I pay no attention to that statistic as it never makes sense to me.  I think generally there is an end of summer slowdown on the platform.  I looked at your profile and my suggestion would be to drop the first line greeting.  Initially, the client only sees the first two lines of your proposal before they decided whether to scroll down.  Don't waste that with a greeting.

Also, I would raise your hourly rate.  In my experience, I got better jobs and more invitations when I raised my hourly rate.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Frankly, I pay no attention to that statistic as it never makes sense to me.  I think generally there is an end of summer slowdown on the platform.  I looked at your profile and my suggestion would be to drop the first line greeting.  Initially, the client only sees the first two lines of your proposal before they decided whether to scroll down.  Don't waste that with a greeting.

Also, I would raise your hourly rate.  In my experience, I got better jobs and more invitations when I raised my hourly rate.

Thanks sir.

Hello Mary,

Can you please look through my profile and share some suggestions on how to get good invites for the technologies I'm working on?

Best regards,

Jignesh

This is awesome .

salmanap
Community Member

Hi,

I'm new on upwork & need help to increase my view on profile.

I would like to know how to increased my profile.

At the moment I submitted 9 Proposal to the client but I'm not receiving any profile view.

Regards Salman

petra_r
Community Member

Salman A wrote:

At the moment I submitted 9 Proposal to the client but I'm not receiving any profile view.

The "Profile Views" do not include views that resulted from proposals, only from searches. 

As you are combining the most dramatically overcrowded categories in Upwork, with literally hundreds, if not thousands of pages of search results, the chances of your profile appearing anywhere near the top very often is pretty miniscule.

There is no way to artificially boost your profile views, winning jobs and completing them perfectly is the only way to improve. That means not even thinking about profile views and concentrating on writing super proposals instead. 

9 proposals in your overcrowded, crazy competitive entry-level categories is absolutely nothing.

Salman, like Petra said you are targeting a market that is overcrowded.

What you need to do is to specialize more.

Being a generic guy in a generic market is the most difficult starting point for a starting freelancer.

So, pick a subject field you know really well. Build your profile around that topic only. For example, a virtual assistant specializing in Xero accounting software has a way better chance of nailing a job in accounting than a VA with no particular specialty.

You get the logic?
sroanjatech
Community Member

Hello,

My name is Gayatri, I started Freelancing on Upwork in the month of June and got my first projects in two weeks. After that, I stop bidding and restarted it in the month of November but now I am not getting any view on my profile. Even I am bidding on the project and very active on Upwork but still I am not getting any response from any clients. 

Is your profile public or private?

If it is private, make it public so that clients will be capable of seeing your profile by searching. 

where can I check whether my profile is public or private?

On the right side of the home page, you can see the profile private/public option.

sroanjatech
Community Member

Yes its showing public view. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members