Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How can I open a client account?

Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
1 of 7

Do I have to install an new account as a client? Or can I use the data from my freelancer accout?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 7

You must use your existing freelancer/contractor account,

You will activate a client profile within your current, already established freelancer account.

You must never create a second account on Upwork.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 7

Hi Margarete,

Go to your settings, then scroll down, where you find the following on the bottom left:

client.jpg

Highlighted
4 of 7

Thank you for the precise explanation. I was aware that I must not open a second account but was not sure if this is also relevant if my alter ego wants to establish a client profile.

Highlighted
Graham J Member Since: May 17, 2017
5 of 7

Hi Petra,

Has how this worked changed, I assume it has over this period of time, I am a long-time freelancer and wish to post a project to hire another freelancer to take on some task for me.

I cannot for the life of me find how to post a job, if I click the get started under new projects, it keeps taking me to my freelancer landing page (my job search).

Here are the choices I see on my setting tabs.

Thanks Graham 

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
6 of 7

Hi Graham,

Please go to Settings > My Teams > Create a New Account and you will be able to open a client account. If you have any additional questions let me know. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 7

Graham J wrote:

Has how this worked changed, I assume it has over this period of time, I am a long-time freelancer and wish to post a project to hire another freelancer to take on some task for me.

I cannot for the life of me find how to post a job, if I click the get started under new projects, it keeps taking me to my freelancer landing page (my job search).

Yes, go to My Teams

create client.jpg

Create a client account, add a credit card, hire your freelancer.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS