🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How can I post a job as freelancer
Page options
wuyujie
Community Member

How can I post a job as freelancer

I know most of the time, I submit a proposal for the costomer's job. But sometimes I want their help. For example I want to someone help me with my English. or I am focus on php, I want to find someone help me with pyhon about my own bussiness.

I found the article https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063408-Post-a-Job

but there is no link on my homepage. and it says: This page is for clients only.

what can i do.

What I most want to do now is to hire someone to help me learn English with the money I earned from writing PHP code

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ashrafkhan81
Community Member

In order to hire freelancers, you have to have a client account. 

If you do not have one, you can create it by clicking on your profile photo on the main page-> Settings -> Contact Info. Once you have on Contact Info scroll down to find the "Additional Accounts" section and click on "New Client Account" 

Once you create a client account you can switch between Freelancer and Client account by click on your profile photo. 🙂 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
ashrafkhan81
Community Member

In order to hire freelancers, you have to have a client account. 

If you do not have one, you can create it by clicking on your profile photo on the main page-> Settings -> Contact Info. Once you have on Contact Info scroll down to find the "Additional Accounts" section and click on "New Client Account" 

Once you create a client account you can switch between Freelancer and Client account by click on your profile photo. 🙂 

thanks 🙂

thanks for your help, and I have another question. 

Need I to add  a billing method ? 

It looks I need to withdraw from my balance to my card,  and pay for it from my card. How can I just pay it from  my balance?

thanks

Hi Wu,

You can't use the balance on your freelancer account to pay other freelancers. For that, you need to add a billing method and you can check this help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Wu Y wrote:

What I most want to do now is to hire someone to help me learn English with the money I earned from writing PHP code

You can't do that. If you add a client account, you will be able to hire freelancers, but you can't pay them directly with the money you earn on Upwork as a freelancer.

You'd have to add a suitable billing method (typically a credit card) and pay freelancers with that. You can't use your earnings to pay freelancers.

wuyujie
Community Member

this is not very convenient 🙂

thanks

mrprot
Community Member

Wu,

I think what you are looking for is to create a new client account inside your profile.

You can find this in your profile settings:

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 01.35.42.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 01.35.55.png

I hope this helps!

wuyujie
Community Member

thanks for you help.  do you know how can I just pay it from  my balance?

It do not want  to withdraw from my balance to my card,  and pay for it from my card again.

thanks

re: "Do you know how can I just pay it from my balance?"

Upwork currently does not allow that.

This is intentional on Upwork's part.

Upwork has stated that they have no plans to change this limitation.

Sorry.

JoanneP

Hi Wu,

I checked, and it looks like you already have a client account. To post a job, please make sure to switch to your client account. You might want to check this help article and this one, too, for more information about posting a job. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members