🐈
» Forums » Support » How can I remove Google sign in?
Page options
f97e03a1
Community Member

Do not want to use Google Signin

Hi,
I am using google sign-in to do the login to Upwork.

But now, I do not want to use my google sign anymore.

I want to use a separate Upwork username & password to login.

Please guide.

Thanks in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

If you need help signing in to your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

241 REPLIES 241
da4fe890
Community Member

Hi, I just changed my email on upwork and it's showing this error.

New Email:**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address.

Hi Varun,

You should be able to view, disconnect or update the information for the Google account connected to your Upwork accoun in Settings > Connected Services.
Could you please check and update it to the email address you'd like to use to sign in?

~ Valeria
Upwork
fba7ed3d
Community Member

Hi !

I'm new to Upwork and have two questions:

1. How do I know if I'm approved or not?

2. I would like to change my username and email but so far I figured out that I can't do that as long as I'm logged in using Google sign-in. How can I change that?

Log in -> Settings -> Connected Services .. doesn't work. It just stays on Password and Security.

Is this because of Google Sign-in or because my profile is not approved? Is there another option?

Thanks for replying and happy new year.

Hi there, 

Welcome to Upwork! I checked and can confirm that your profile was already accepted. For help getting started, check our Freelancer Guide. It covers everything from finding great projects that fit your skills to increasing your rate and getting stellar feedback.

You should be able to change your name and email address by going to Settings > Contact Info > Account there you can click on the pencil icon. Here is a screenshot for reference. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile name needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. 

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
5528657f
Community Member

Hello Nikola,

I have issue with my upwork account. I can’t change my name since I’ve sign in using my Google Account. Please help me out with this.

Thank you.

Hi Enzo,

You can request a name change by going to Settings  Contact Info to edit your name. Please note that to set up a payment method, your verified name in Upwork must match the name on your payment account.

~ Joanne
Upwork
5528657f
Community Member

Hello Nikola,

Here’s the thing, I’ve tried that instruction but it always routed to a “ Settings Password and Security “ I can’t do any modification on my account. I am guessing since It was sign in using google. I’ve tried also in browser and clicked the connected services, same thing happen routed to settings and password security. Please help.

Thank you,

Hi Enzo,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and email as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

hello I have the same problem

Hi Danica,

Thank you for your message. I see that you are already communicating with the relevant team via a support ticket here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Hi, I've got the same issue. I can't go to settings due to re-type your password since I'm signed up using Google login so the password is not working. I tried to change the password using Forget password but didn't work as well.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ali.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

This is a rampant issue with Upwork. It won't let you do numerous things until you enable that security feature.  It does not tell you this, it simply keeps dumping you there hoping you will magically figure it out. Once you set this up, it should behave better.  Good luck.

577f1a9e
Community Member

I registered myself in Upwork and also signed myself in with a Google account.

However, as I try to open settings, I'm asked to re-enter my password, but since I signed up with Google account, I don't have the password in place.

How can I access the settings page then?

Hi Maris,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
874fc808
Community Member

Hello. Can you help me with this issue too?

Hi Stanislav,

You can check out this help article for advice on how to recover your password.

~Andrea
Upwork
9c0db36e
Community Member

Hi Andrea G, I encounter the same issue. can you help me, please?

Hi Mary,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
af1b3021
Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to fill in the w9 form, however, when I try doing do it asks me for an account password. I never set one up, since I’m using google sign in. Please advise.

Hello Mohammed,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork

I am having the same issue. 

I am logged in using Google Sign on. 

But then I want to update my PAN details, when I click to go to the page, it asks for a password, which I have not set. 

So what do I do here. Help !!!!!!

Hi Jibin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
doreentsao
Community Member

How to change my login way? I don't want to login to Upwork through Google account. And you don't allow me to login through my Email address. That's weird.

Hi DAN,

Thank you for reaching out to us. To disable the Google Sign-in option go to Settings > Connected Services and disconnect your Google account. Here is a screenshot for reference. 

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you so much. It's done.
2f351a9b
Community Member

I changed my email address. Now I try to log in with that email but I get this msg "You have not activated the Google sign-in method for this account. Please choose another sign-in method for this email address?"

Hi Rubab,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
c1caabf1
Community Member

Hi,

I did my sign-up through Google, and now when I try to go to settings it asks me for the password. But, since I've signed in through Google I can't put my password and I can't access settings.

Is it possible to change my google sign-in to an email sign in or there is another way to solve this problem?

Thank you very much,

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Estela, 

It looks like you already filed a support ticket regarding the same concern. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team who will handle your case so that you can be assisted further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
d4b9ca9b
Community Member

At the time of posting, the steps I needed were:

- Set security questions

- Set / Change password

- Then I can see & click the Disconnect button next to the google icon.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Looks like you were able to disassociate your Google account from your Upwork account. 

If a freelancer or client is yet to set their security questions, they will be prompted to do so when accessing their Settings page. From there, customers can go to "Connected services", and under "Sign in with Google" they can click on "Disconnect." 

~ Avery
Upwork
184cae27
Community Member

I had made id for my website  **Edited for Community Guidelines** but now i face login issues.

Hi Kate,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you were able to log into your account recently. Could you please confirm if you need further assistance?

~ Nikola
Upwork
6b3321a2
Community Member

Hi,

I want to update my profile settings, which requires a password. But I have connected using a google account, so I am stuck now. Please help!!!

Regards.

Hi Abhinav,

If you've set up Google sign in you still have a password from before that we only ask for when we need to verify your identity. If you've forgotten your password, check out this help article on how to reset it.

~Andrea
Upwork
e19c285c
Community Member

Hi,
I cannot login my current account in upwork,  it keeps showing the error message. I opened a new account just to post a question here

You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address.

How can i solve this? thanks.

Hi Noonst, 

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
50e762b3
Community Member

Go to Google Account >security >scroll down to signing in to other sites and click signing in with Google then you see apps access with your Google. Click the "X" on left side of the app you want to remove.

96c93e1b
Community Member

Having trouble logging in to my new email, it says "You have not activated the Google sign-in method for this account. Please choose another sign-in method for this email address."

Please help me how to solve this.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths