cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How can I report a scammer?

muhamed08
Muhamed-Kanapiya Z Member Since: Aug 11, 2016
11 of 24

Thank you guys for attention. Same thing happens with. It seems like credit card details stealing. My advice first check the information about your employer by google, like me. And never send your CVV and card number to person who you dont know.

mariogomezg
Mario G Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
12 of 24

I've received the same offer. However, one of the mails came from the following address: **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Can they really use such an address without being the actual company?

muhamed08
Muhamed-Kanapiya Z Member Since: Aug 11, 2016
13 of 24

yes its easy to do, you can use any email scripts for that

fenerciumran
Umran F Member Since: Aug 11, 2016
14 of 24

Hi There,

I am very happy that I found these comments about **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Same as you I received an email, that says that I've been selected as a member for the translators team from **Edited for Community Guidelines**, and I've been instructed to open an entropay account to get be paid. I had a bad feelıng and serched about **Edited for Community Guidelines** and found your comments. Thanks a lot for sharing your experiance. 

szuszkiewicz
Piotr S Member Since: Aug 11, 2016
15 of 24

Same happened to me. I'm happy that this scam has been revealed.

juliette-saint
Juliette S Member Since: Aug 11, 2016
16 of 24

Same thing for me. I received another email from the "famous"**Edited for Community Guidelines** today. It looked like a scam to me so I've searched for her on the web and have found your messages.

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
17 of 24

@Juliette S wrote:

Same thing for me. I received another email from the "famous" **Edited for Community Guidelines** today. It looked like a scam to me so I've searched for her on the web and have found your messages.

Juliette the name would be generic and used over and over again by different people. The best thing would be to report this 'viral' job to customer services.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
18 of 24

Hi Juliet and others,

I checked and it looks like the job and the client you are referring to have already been removed from Upwork. You'll see that the proposal has already been archived.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork
antkremer
Anton K Member Since: Aug 13, 2016
19 of 24
Hi all,
I have received the same. I'm newbie in internet freelance and foolishly I gave my CVV to him. What can I do to protect my card or it's already too late? Smiley Sad
nataliaspb
Natalia U Member Since: Aug 7, 2016
20 of 24

Oh the amount of people affected is overwhelming. :-(

Anton, my only advice would be to call your bank immediately (I mean it - RIGHT NOW) and block and reissue your card. Inform them about the scammer and report any unauthorized transactions.

Good luck!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS