🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How can I reverse an accidentally withdrawn p...
Page options
cassplouis
Community Member

How can I reverse an accidentally withdrawn proposal?

I've withdrawn a proposal with the intention of quickly editing it and then re-submitting. This has worked in the past, yet this time, I'm unable to resubmit. It's shown in my archives, however when I go to the job post, there is no option to re-submit, but also confusingly shows the proposal as still being active. Please assist 

(I've attached images of my issue.) 

**Edited for community guidelines**

99 REPLIES 99
dd63c576
Community Member

Cassandra

Please make sure about everything before sending proposal as you can not send proposal to a single job twice. 

Once you with drew, it's done. Moreover, You will not recieve your connect points back after withdrawl of proposal.

Cassandra P wrote:

I've withdrawn a proposal with the intention of quickly editing it and then re-submitting. This has worked in the past, yet this time, I'm unable to resubmit. It's shown in my archives, however when I go to the job post, there is no option to re-submit, but also confusingly shows the proposal as still being active. Please assist 

(I've attached images of my issue.) 

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cassandra,

The team already reached out to you via this support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I made the same mistake.. withdrew my proposal by mistake and I cannot resubmit it.. could you please help?

Hello.  I'm really interested in this job.  But I accidentally withdrew my proposal because I have corrections in my cover letter, I thought I can resubmit.  I still saved the job though.  I hope you can help me. Here's the job link: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Katherine,

I have escalated your concern to the appropriate team and one of the members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket. Don't hesitate to communicate through this page if you have questions or other concerns.

~ Arjay
Upwork
menna442
Community Member

hi, I made the same mistake and want to resumbit, I spent a long time carefully writing this proposal I withdrew it by accident please help

Menna O wrote:

hi, I made the same mistake and want to resumbit, I spent a long time carefully writing this proposal I withdrew it by accident please help

If it was a boosted proposal, you cannot submit it again.
If it was a normal proposal, you just have to resubmit the proposal, again spending the necessary connects. There is no turning back.

0d4ca0d5
Community Member

Hello,

I have withdrawn a proposal and now I can’t resubmit to the same job.

- On the job page the submit proposal button is now in grey and I get this message ‘You have already submitted a proposal. View Proposal’.

- On the proposal details page, I can’t edit anything and there is this message ‘Withdrawn: Applied by mistake’ and ‘Your bid is set to 3 Connects’, so I know that I have withdrawn my proposal.

- On the archived projects, I see the job on the list.

How can I resubmit to this job?

Hi Kamel,

I'm sorry to hear about that. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the proposal.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi for one of my first proposals the client said to specifically add the word iCollage in my first sentence. I forgot and then went to edit the cover letter. Since I couldn't I just withdrew my proposal but now I can't resubmit. Can I get some help?

Hi Riangelo,

Do you get any kind of error message whenever you attempt to resubmit your proposal? If so, can you share a screenshot of that message?

You may also try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser, as well as clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Also note that we only officially support the latest two versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
__tracceeyy
Community Member

Can I send another proposal for the same job I mistakenly withdrew an initial proposal from?
Because I'm not seeing any options like that tho

Hi Tracey,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with this.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

That would be most appreciated Aleksandar, because I really want to send another proposal to have another chance to get hired🙏🏼

Hey Aleksandar, same problem on my side, I have withdrawn the contract to make changes to the client's requirements but am unable to send him a new proposal, please help.. 

Regards.

re: "Can I send another proposal for the same job I mistakenly withdrew an initial proposal from?"

Not necessarily.

I believe it is a gamble. Sometimes you can. Sometimes you can't.

8e3edbe2
Community Member

hello! I just withdraw my proposal because I forgot to attached the sample file and I would like to resubmit my proposal again but it won't let me submit. 

Image.png

Please help me. Any ideas are appreciated!

Thanks 

You can not re submit any proposal. 

Don't plan on resubmitting.

Saddam H wrote:

You can not re submit any proposal. 

Incorrect.

Julie H wrote:

hello! I just withdraw my proposal because I forgot to attached the sample file and I would like to resubmit my proposal again but it won't let me submit. 

Image.png

Please help me. Any ideas are appreciated!

Thanks 

There seems to be some kind of bug with this.
Many freelancers appear asking about the same problem.
You should contact CS if a moderator does not appear to help you.

Hi Julie,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b394f23a
Community Member

After withdraw to modify my proposal I cannot reapply a new proposal.

My proposal ID: 1442838177749426177

Please help me.

Thanks

You can't. 

Try some new jobs.

Thanks

Yeah... Don't count on being able to reapply to a job after you withdraw a proposal.

I think sometimes you can reapply, and sometimes you can't.

Nguyen V wrote:

After withdraw to modify my proposal I cannot reapply a new proposal.

My proposal ID: 1442838177749426177

Please help me.

Thanks

I asked Valeria not long ago and she told that it still works the same, I mean, the proposal could be resent.
I think there could be some reasons why it can't be forwarded, like client did the work private. I'm not sure.
I will bookmark your post to see if any mod clarifies what is happening.
A lot of queries about this are popping up.

Hi Nguyen,

This is a known issue and our engineers are working on fixing it as soon as possible.

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket.

~Andrea
Upwork

Andrea G wrote:

Hi Nguyen,

This is a known issue and our engineers are working on fixing it as soon as possible.

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket.

Thanks for showing up Andrea.
I think this should be notified in some way to everyone, especially to avoid wrong answers from other freelancers.

johnylim
Community Member

Hi

"Please take note this question is related to agency account"

I have submitted a proposal by mistake and withdrew it, please see the Archived image attached. 

But I still cannot re-submit another proposal and keeps telling I still have an existing proposal, please see View Proposal image. 

Please advise.

Your sincerely,
Johny L.

Hi Man Choy,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
f8e5a08a
Community Member

I have withdrawn my proposal for a job in order to resubmit it,  but I found it is stucked, I can not click the submit proposal any longer? Why?

Hi Kaiqi,

I'm sorry to hear about that. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks, Alekasndar!

The "submit proposal" button is grey out, see below

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

rodionov-taras
Community Member

I withdrew proposal by accident and can't resubmit it. Can I do it some way?

Hi Taras,

To resubmit your proposal, you will need to check your archived proposal page and click on the withdrawn proposal. You'll have to click on the option to view the job posting and click on the submit a proposal button. Please know that the connects you used to initially submit a proposal will not be refunded. You will be using your available connects to resubmit your proposal. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
c7e12579
Community Member

I withdraw a proposal and still can't submit new one

re: "I withdraw a proposal and still can't submit new one"

Don't plan on being able to resubmit.

Preston H wrote:

re: "I withdraw a proposal and still can't submit new one"

Don't plan on being able to resubmit.

There are many good reasons why you might want to withdraw and resend a proposal.
I've done.
This is a recognized bug and the mods are following it. You know it, right?
So instead of saying you can't or don't plan on doing it, you can say it's a bug and some mod will help.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members