cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I reverse an accidentally withdrawn proposal?

cassplouis
Cassandra P Member Since: Sep 23, 2021
1 of 62

I've withdrawn a proposal with the intention of quickly editing it and then re-submitting. This has worked in the past, yet this time, I'm unable to resubmit. It's shown in my archives, however when I go to the job post, there is no option to re-submit, but also confusingly shows the proposal as still being active. Please assist 

(I've attached images of my issue.) 

**Edited for community guidelines**

dd63c576
Community Leader
Saddam H Member Since: May 19, 2021
2 of 62

Cassandra

Please make sure about everything before sending proposal as you can not send proposal to a single job twice. 

Once you with drew, it's done. Moreover, You will not recieve your connect points back after withdrawl of proposal.

Cassandra P wrote:

I've withdrawn a proposal with the intention of quickly editing it and then re-submitting. This has worked in the past, yet this time, I'm unable to resubmit. It's shown in my archives, however when I go to the job post, there is no option to re-submit, but also confusingly shows the proposal as still being active. Please assist 

(I've attached images of my issue.) 

djondinium
Community Manager
Aleksandar D Community Manager Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
3 of 62

Hi Cassandra,

The team already reached out to you via this support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
4c7e75f5
Edith Z Member Since: Oct 1, 2021
4 of 62
I made the same mistake.. withdrew my proposal by mistake and I cannot resubmit it.. could you please help?
0d4ca0d5
Kamel B Member Since: Sep 20, 2021
5 of 62

Hello,

I have withdrawn a proposal and now I can’t resubmit to the same job.

- On the job page the submit proposal button is now in grey and I get this message ‘You have already submitted a proposal. View Proposal’.

- On the proposal details page, I can’t edit anything and there is this message ‘Withdrawn: Applied by mistake’ and ‘Your bid is set to 3 Connects’, so I know that I have withdrawn my proposal.

- On the archived projects, I see the job on the list.

How can I resubmit to this job?

djondinium
Community Manager
6 of 62

Hi Kamel,

I'm sorry to hear about that. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the proposal.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
__tracceeyy
Ace Contributor
Tracey Ugochi A Member Since: Aug 19, 2021
7 of 62
Can I send another proposal for the same job I mistakenly withdrew an initial proposal from?
Because I'm not seeing any options like that tho
djondinium
Community Manager
8 of 62

Hi Tracey,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with this.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
__tracceeyy
Ace Contributor
Tracey Ugochi A Member Since: Aug 19, 2021
9 of 62
That would be most appreciated Aleksandar, because I really want to send another proposal to have another chance to get hired🙏🏼
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
10 of 62

re: "Can I send another proposal for the same job I mistakenly withdrew an initial proposal from?"

Not necessarily.

I believe it is a gamble. Sometimes you can. Sometimes you can't.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS