murii

How can I secure a job?

I don't know whether I am unlucky or not(but I dont want to think about being unlucky) but, I am not getting a job on upwork.

I have tried my best applying and connects getting finished but each time i get emails of ended proposals.

I have been a member since 2014 and I have never secured a job despite millions of applications.

What else can I do?

I've become desparate and don't know what to do.

Pls advise.

4 REPLIES 4
jmeyn

@David M wrote:

I don't know whether I am unlucky or not(but I dont want to think about being unlucky) but, I am not getting a job on upwork.

I have tried my best applying and connects getting finished but each time i get emails of ended proposals.

I have been a member since 2014 and I have never secured a job despite millions of applications.

What else can I do?

I've become desparate and don't know what to do.

Pls advise.

Well, your profile states you have had 1 job and worked 12 hours. Generally you are offering your services in one of the most overcrowded categories and your hourly rate is way too low.

Which is the best rate to start with?

colettelewis

David, one of the problems is that your field is saturated - so there are thousands of people after the same kind of jobs. You need to find a specialty within your skills set that will make you stand out.

There is a recent post here on the forum that I hope will help you. The "best answer", by Jennifer D (a client, not a freelancer) gives some invaluable advice, particularly when it comes to pitching a proposal.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/How-do-I-sell-my-skills/td-p/236701

Thanks a lot. I highly value that helpful feedback. Be blessed.