Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I see my ranking

mario-chirinos
Community Guru
Mario C Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
1 of 8

Who can I see how I am ranked against other  free lancers?

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 8

I don't think it's the same as Elance, if that's what you're referring to. It seems Elance was more focused on putting people into categories, so someone would search for something like "Writers" and then search from there. This is more of a free-for-all where you can bid and do anything, and their search seems to focus more on key phrases in profiles. I'm sure feedback makes a difference, but for instance, no "Jennifer M" even ranks for that search term, sooo lol I am trying to figure it out myself.

mario-chirinos
Community Guru
3 of 8

Not long ago in your profile page there  was a side bar where you can see similar free lancers but they take it out . I think it was a good feature.

david_gregory
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
4 of 8

@Mario C wrote:

Not long ago in your profile page there  was a side bar where you can see similar free lancers but they take it out . I think it was a good feature.

Sorry but that was a terrible feature and I opted out of it as soon as I could.

Why would you want to advertise other freelancers (many who charge a lower price than you) on your profile. You finally get a client to look at your profile and then there would be pictures of three or four other freelancers to distract the client away from hiring you.

I'm glad they got rid of it.

mario-chirinos
Community Guru
5 of 8

Because you can also see who is the competition, now how do how do you know how are you competing with ?

david_gregory
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
6 of 8

If I was really concerned about my competition, I would simply click on the profile of people who are applying for the same jobs as I am. Those people are my real competition, not some random freelancer who shows up on my profile.

I could also simply hit the "browse freelancer" button and then search for people who match my skills. The search function is not that great but it would give you some idea of your competition.

khalidsadozai
Khalid Nawaz K Member Since: Feb 23, 2020
7 of 8

Yes 100% agreed with you. 

chuter-john
John C Member Since: Sep 5, 2016
8 of 8

One way to see your ranking is to set up a client profile see:

How to set up a client profile

As a client you can then type in a search term you should be found in - for example SEO London, the freelancers for SEO London will then be listed.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS