🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How can I see profiles of fellow Freelanc...
Page options
mazamniazi
Community Member

How can I see profiles of fellow Freelancers? Also search for freelancers to see my rank.

How can I see profiles of fellow Freelancers? Also search for freelancers to see where my profile ranks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
varungs
Community Member

I'm bored and I noticed you marked your English proficiency as "fluent," so I'm going to go ahead and give you a free profile proofread!

Expert English Writer/Graphics/Illustration/Photography
When using slashes, you want to maintain consistency. "Writer" is a profession whereas the other things you mentioned are areas of expertise. Correct it to "Writer/Graphics Designer/Illustrator/Photographer".

New at Upwork but enjoy a 30+ years of English writing experience.
Usually, you are new "to" something, not "at" something. Prepositions are important! One usually does not "enjoy" experience, they "have" experience. Also, "a" is not necessary as "years" is not a singular noun. You can have "a year" of experience or "years" of experience, not "a years".

With a good variety of interests
While not technically incorrect, the usage of "good" as an adjective here isn't optimal. You'd usually want to use a quantitative adjective before the word "variety" (ie. a large variety).

With a background in scientific-technical writing, writing my Ph.D. thesis recently, technical writing has become a passion.
You've omitted the word "and" here. This is grammatically incorrect. There are situations where you can omit "and" (it's a literary device known as asyndeton and it's usually used for some sort of dramatic effect), but that doesn't work here.

Okay, I have to get back to work, but I want to see you update your profile and make it perfect! Good luck with Upwork.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
varungs
Community Member

I'm bored and I noticed you marked your English proficiency as "fluent," so I'm going to go ahead and give you a free profile proofread!

Expert English Writer/Graphics/Illustration/Photography
When using slashes, you want to maintain consistency. "Writer" is a profession whereas the other things you mentioned are areas of expertise. Correct it to "Writer/Graphics Designer/Illustrator/Photographer".

New at Upwork but enjoy a 30+ years of English writing experience.
Usually, you are new "to" something, not "at" something. Prepositions are important! One usually does not "enjoy" experience, they "have" experience. Also, "a" is not necessary as "years" is not a singular noun. You can have "a year" of experience or "years" of experience, not "a years".

With a good variety of interests
While not technically incorrect, the usage of "good" as an adjective here isn't optimal. You'd usually want to use a quantitative adjective before the word "variety" (ie. a large variety).

With a background in scientific-technical writing, writing my Ph.D. thesis recently, technical writing has become a passion.
You've omitted the word "and" here. This is grammatically incorrect. There are situations where you can omit "and" (it's a literary device known as asyndeton and it's usually used for some sort of dramatic effect), but that doesn't work here.

Okay, I have to get back to work, but I want to see you update your profile and make it perfect! Good luck with Upwork.

Thanks. Please don't get bored. I used informal shortish English ( perhaps, should have been avoided). Plus a lot of hurried revisions yesterday. Thanks for your concern and the help. Do you offer to proofread profiles regularly or only I have been lucky? I am now re-writing some parts, as have I feels some other changes are also required.

I don't generally do that unbilled, no. There are a lot of wonderful people on here who would love to continually help you with your profile, as long as you remain proactive yourself as well. I would also be happy to personally proofread any of your profile additions at any time; don't hesitate to PM me. I appreciate your attitude and your willingness to learn.

petra_r
Community Member

M A wrote:

How can I see profiles of fellow Freelancers? Also search for freelancers to see where my profile ranks.

At the top of your Upwork interface is a button called "Find Work" You can toggle that to look for freelancers. Just type in search terms. In the results you can also filter to narrow down your search.

Screenshot at Feb 06 12-12-38.png

Varun G wrote:

Rich coming from the author of this gem:

Screenshot at Feb 06 12-08-40.png

Pot.

Kettle.

varungs
Community Member

Sorry Petra, I was just trying to be helpful to the guy. You should try it too, it's fun. Certainly beats holding random vendettas and attempting to land "sick burns" on a forum you're hopelessly addicted to...

Really helpful Petra.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members