marifb786

How can I send money on my Upwork account linked with Payoneer from other site ?

Hello ,

I requested  to Payoneer to send my card ,  replied to me if my Upwork account earnings rise upto $ 1000 then I can withdraw and get that card  . Is  there any relation between Upwork earnings and Payoneer card ? Can I send money into my Upwork account from other sites  and transfer it to my Payoneer account ?

Thanks in advance .

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Md Arif,

Receiving your Payoneer card is not connected with your Upwork account or your earnings, and you can transfer any amount from your account balance to your Payoneer account, provided the amount is higher than the $2 withdrawal fee and an additional Payoneer fee you might incur if you opt for immediate withdrawal. Please see this Help article for more details and contact Payoneer to check if there are any other considerations you need to take into account.

Upwork is not a payment processor and you can only receive payments from clients on contracts you work on and complete on Upwork.

Untitled

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Md Arif,

Receiving your Payoneer card is not connected with your Upwork account or your earnings, and you can transfer any amount from your account balance to your Payoneer account, provided the amount is higher than the $2 withdrawal fee and an additional Payoneer fee you might incur if you opt for immediate withdrawal. Please see this Help article for more details and contact Payoneer to check if there are any other considerations you need to take into account.

Upwork is not a payment processor and you can only receive payments from clients on contracts you work on and complete on Upwork.

Untitled

Hi Vladimir ,

Thank you for replying .  I know Upwork is not a payment processor like Payoneer or Paypal .  I did not get a Payoneer card and am thinking to request Payoneer to remove the card from Upwork . Then, they might send a card that is also very usable to anywhere . Later ,I will add here . Do you have any advice ?

Thanks in advance .

Hi Md Arif,

If you already have a Payoneer card, you can use it on Upwork. If for some reason you can't or don't want to use it anymore, you will need to have Payoneer customer support unlink that card from your Upwork account and then re-add a new one.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria ,

Sorry for the late response . Today , I have received a message from Payoneer replied I have to earn  $ 10 or more and send it into Payoneer account , then they will send me a card . I won't want for that and am going to response to Payoneer based on your unlink information .

Anyway thanks for replying .

marifb786

Hi ,

Payoneer has replied to me , I should provide them with the reason that  why  I should deactivate or unlink my Upwork Escrow Inc. account from my Payoneer account . I have to aditionally mention under which name that account is registered  . I am unclear on response . Please  tell me what to reply them .

Thanks in adavance .

Hi Md Arif, 

Please share your account details with Payoneer, such as the name, and/or email address that is registered to your Payoneer account. This should also be the same Payoneer account that is linked to your Upwork account.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery ,

Thank you for replying . So , I have to  mention Payoneer registration detail to Payoneer . What should I inform the causes for deactivation or unlinking Payoneer from Upwork ?

Thanks in advance .

Hi Md. Arif,

It sounds like Payoneer needs more information in order to assist you with unlinking your account from Upwork. They may need to identify your account and therefore need your name. You can provide your reason why you don't want to use Payoneer as a withdrawal method anymore. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria ,

Thank you again for responding . As you are experienced , you know much better than me on Upwork and Payoneer . I am thinking such a reason that can not be avoidable by Payoneer . Thus , I need some assistance on making reason .

Thanks in advance .

Payoneer want you to tell them *WHY* you want to unlink your account. Only you know why (the "reason") - so just tell them.

Hi Petra ,

Thank you for responding . I want a Master card to send payment and receive payment .  Thus , I want to unlink the Payioneer from Upwork temporarily , after gettting the card I will readd Payoneer with Upwork - this is my idea . Can it be a cause and acceptable to Payoneer ? Do you think they will allow this casue ?

Thanks in advance .

I think you are going about this the wrong way...

Whose Payoneer account is linked to your Upwork account? Is it YOURS?

If it is yours, do NOT unlink it !

Yes , it is my Payoneer account linked to Upwork . Why are you saying so ? Will Payoneer not allow me to do this ? Can't I relink my Payoneer account later if Payoneer unlinks Upwork ?

Have a good day .

Why do you want to unlink it? If you want to use it, unlinking it would be the opposite of what you want to do.

can you explain what it is you want to achieve? If you want to get the Payoneer card it has to be linked, the card loaded and sent to you, so you can use it.

You can add ADDITIONAL withdrawal methods as well as Payoneer and use those instead of the payoneer card if you don't want to go for payoneer as your withdrawal method right away.

Thank you all for reverting . According to you , if I want to get Payoneer card , it has to be linked ,otherwise not possible . Presently , many are getting card after signing up , as I have account with Payoneer for long days I could not manage a physical card . If I could get it , I could load money using my bank account and use it ; I could relink it with Upwork later , I suppose .

Can I use same Payoneer account if they allow unlinking ? Can I open different Payoneer account with same name ? Can I get a card after opening ?

Have a good day .

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Md Arif B,

Please note that you can set up and use other payment methods in addition to your Payoneer account.

You can use the same Payoneer account for other purposes or re-add it to your Upwork account after is has been unlinked, not sure which type of use you're referring to.

Regarding opening a new Payoneer account, please consult Payoneer CS.

Payoneer does send debit cards to its users and you'll again need to speak with Payoneer CS to check if you can get a card for your existing account.

Untitled

Hi Md Arif,

If you have a valid reason to unlink your current Payoneer account from Upwork and Payoneer team does it, you will be able to add a different Payoneer account as your payment method on Upwork.

~ Valeria
Upwork