cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How can I set up filters in order to avoid to see job offers that exclude my country or continen

michele_laporta
Ace Contributor
Michele L Member Since: Nov 12, 2018
1 of 11

Hi,

it is so frustrating seeing a job offer where one have all the skills to apply and then reading my country or continent is not included. How can avoid this ?

fox_gavin
Gavin F Member Since: Feb 23, 2019
2 of 11

I am afraid you can't, your best bet is to include in your letter that you are from a different country and be honest, they are more likely to trust you then.

michele_laporta
Ace Contributor
3 of 11

I understand, thank you for your advice, actually at 99% I go over these offers since it would be really hard get that job.

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
4 of 11

Michele L wrote:

Hi,

it is so frustrating seeing a job offer where one have all the skills to apply and then reading my country or continent is not included. How can avoid this ?

There's nothing to "avoid". Clients have the option (and the right) to specify prefererances such as a freelaner's location, among other things.

ETA: But to answer your question, do a job search with all the parameters you prefer, and then save your search with a name that makes sense to you. You can set up as many customized searches as you want.

michele_laporta
Ace Contributor
5 of 11

There is a misunderstanding.

I have nothing against the option (and the right) for the client to specify prefererances such as a freelaner's location, among other things.

My point is even freelancer should have the option (and the right) to avoid wasting their time on job offers they can't apply.

Thank you for the suggestion but I regret to tell you it is useless since if there is no filter about one can set up all the searches he/she needs however these job offers will be always among the others so we are back to square one. Indeed I already do a job search with all the parameters I prefer but doesn't help to filter these job offers despite freelancer can't apply. This because there is no filter for this.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 11

Hi Michele, 

I'm sorry to learn that you feel this way. I'm not sure how you search for projects in the marketplace, but I wanted to check if you applied and saved your filters by -

• clicking on the magnifying icon in the search box;
  • on the next page, clicking on the Filters button;
  • identifying the location; 
  • and saving your search.

Filters.png 

-Avery
Untitled
michele_laporta
Ace Contributor
7 of 11

Hi Avery,

Thank you very much for the screenshot and explanation. This is just how I do it indeed I was referring about the job offer section "Activity on this job" where sometimes there are exclamation points on red circles with the continent/country name client wants freelancers to apply and different from my location. So in this case filtering client location is irrelevant, indeed actually I never used that filter just because it's up to the client choosing which countries/continent can apply and this regardless of where the client come from. Hope it makes sense.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
8 of 11

Hi Michele, 

Yes, that makes sense, and I understand how this can be useful to freelancers when searching for jobs. The search filters do not have this feature at present, but I'll share this with the team as a feedback, and for their consideration.

-Avery
Untitled
michele_laporta
Ace Contributor
9 of 11

Thank you very much

zveer
Maksym S Member Since: Jun 13, 2016
10 of 11

But if I want to exclude projects posted from a specific country like "India" for example - do I have to check all other countries (like 200 of them).

Is there any other way to complete it?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS