🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How can I verify my phone number?
Page options
omerabbasi78
Community Member

How can I verify my phone number?

I want to ask that what is the procedure to get the Phone number verified badge?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Muhammad,

Unfortunately, you won't be able to request phone verification yourself.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

85 REPLIES 85
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Muhammad,

Phone verification isn't an option available for all users on Upwork. Sometimes it's required and the team notifies the user about it. However, no badge will show on freelancer profile when it's done. It doesn't look like you were requested to complete phone verification at this time.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks for the reply Valeria K. Yes you are right I was not requested to complete my phone verification but I just wanted to know that when and how phone verification is needed and completed. What if I want to verify my phone number without any request?

Muhammad,

Unfortunately, you won't be able to request phone verification yourself.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Clarify 1 last thing. Phone number is only verified when a clients asks to do so. Am I right?

Thanks alot in advance. 🙂

Muhammad,

No, that's not correct. Upwork team may ask a user to do some additional verifications including phone verification. It is not requested by clients and it will not be displayed on profile.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you valeria K 🙂

Thanks a lot ,,It's clear enough !Smiley Happy

Upwork > Setting > Password and Security

Thanks for the Clarification @valeria k

I'm unable to verify my phone number 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sothan, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your phone verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
hfouke
Community Member

I did not get the verification text sent to my phone number, please help. I have had to refill out my application 4 times.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Hayley.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan, having an issue with my phone number being linked so an old account - no idea how to handle this as the system isnt too friendly. Could someone reach out to me at my email address to correct this? 

Thank you for reaching out to us, Colin.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
bc9c1efe
Community Member

Greetings Bojan S 

Here is my profile link, How may I get phone verification on Upwork, please?

Thank you

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~013dafd17b3053e959

Hi Saif,

The phone verification badge is something that used to be available and is still visible on profiles of freelancers who were able to receive it back then. However, it's not available anymore and can't be requested.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I'm unable to verify my phone number.  I enter my number and it never proceeds onward from that screen or sends me a text message.  I am in the USA and have tried putting a "1" in front of mobile number.  Also tried doing this from a laptop and smartphone.  Please assist.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Andrew.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
8e7c6eca
Community Member

hi, 
how i can verify my phone nymber. I am see this type option can you help me

Hi Mekah,

Thank you for your message. You no longer need to verify your phone number.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
87f8deae
Community Member

Hi,

I'm about to finish up setting my new account but I'm unable to verify my phone number.  I enter my number and it never proceeds onward from that screen or sends me a text message.  I am in the USA and have tried putting a "1" in front of mobile number, but nothing. I'm not able to continue without it. Please assist. Can you verify my phone number?

Hi Camille,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with more information and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
jasonkay
Community Member

Can you verify my phone number

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jason, 

I checked your account and can see that you already have a mobile number on your account. Were you updating your mobile number?

~ Avery
Upwork
5336c5e8
Community Member

Can you Verify my Phone Numer.....

Hi Fahad,

The phone verification badge is something that used to be available and is still visible on profiles of freelancers who were able to receive it back then. However, it's not available anymore and can't be requested.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
87f8deae
Community Member

Hi,

I'm about to finish up setting my new account but I'm unable to verify my phone number.  I enter my number and it never proceeds onward from that screen or sends me a text message.  I am in the USA and have tried putting a "1" in front of mobile number, but nothing. I'm not able to continue without it. Please assist. Can you verify my phone number?

Please could a member of the Customer Support Team reach out to me to assist with my phone verification?

It's not possible to verify my number on the web interface or the app. I tried contacting you on Messenger but no reply so far.

Simon Mauro Guido
https://smg.design
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Simon, 

I've shared your concern with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks  Valeria for that Information.

Hi Valeria I was notified that I had to verify my phone before I could submit for a proposal for jobs. Do you think you could help me do that? Thanks!

Hi Myles,

I can see that you're communicating with one of our team members via a support ticket for the same concern. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork

@Valeria K wrote:

However, no badge will show on freelancer profile when it's done. 

I was looking at Petra's profile a moment ago and she has that tick badge on her profile. 

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 01.58.09.png

Hi Yelyzaveta,

I believe Petra's phone was verified a while ago through a program that's not available anymore.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi veleria!

I have add my phone number to upwork but I want phone verified badge on my profile. Can you verify my number.

Thanks

Hi. haven't seen my phone number verified yet on my profile .could you please tell me how can i verify my phone number ?. I want to see my phone number verified on my profile .Thanks 

Hi Faiz,

Currently, it's not possible for freelancers to initiate phone verification and display it on their profile. If any additional verification is required for your profile, the team will notify you.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria, why isn't your team didn't notify me regarding phone number verification? I've been using this phone number since the start of my Upwork Career but yet didn't receive any notifications.

Looking forward hearing from you.

Aljy Coralde

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths