🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How can I verify my phone number?
Page options
omerabbasi78
Community Member

How can I verify my phone number?

I want to ask that what is the procedure to get the Phone number verified badge?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Muhammad,

Unfortunately, you won't be able to request phone verification yourself.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

85 REPLIES 85
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Phone verification is optional at the request of a freelancer's client, Arjy. If you would like to have your profile phone verified, you can request your client to do this by contacting to the support team to begin the process. Please note that the phone Verification program is entirely optional, so you can continue to work on Upwork regardless if verified or not.

~ Avery
Upwork

How do I get verified if I have a home phone number and not a cell phone?

Hi Betsy,

Thanks for reaching out. A ticket will be created to  assist you further in verifying your phone number. 

- Aaron
Untitled

Similar question here:

I am keeping being asked to verify my cell phone # (when it is optional) in my

"Create your Profile for Consideration" screen

Next, you'll be asked to verify your phone number for added security.

Continue

Verify your phone number

If I click on X it goes back to creating profile.

Hi Georgi,

Phone verification for U.S users has been changed from being optional which is why you are unable to proceed with your profile. We ask U.S users to verify their phone number as another step to help ensure our marketplace is safe. At times, we unfortunately find that people want to join Upwork for reasons other than for the uses permitted on the platform. By asking new users in the U.S. to verify their phone number we hope to reduce the number of people who try to mislead us about their intentions or identity. Thank you for understanding.

~Nina

I started to see many freelancers has a badge of phone number verified.

I'd like to know what is the advantage in being phone verified and how cloud I verify my phone number to get that badge?

Hi Moustafa, 

As NIna has shared above, phone verification helps us ensure that the marketplace is safe. It gives another layer of confidence for clients that the freelancer they are dealing with is not misleading us with their identity. 

The Customer Support Team has setup your phone verification for you, and you should be able to do this by trying to submit a proposal for any job post. You will then be prompted to verify your phone number. Once verified, the badge will show up on your profile. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you, Mrs. Avery.

I've verified it but no badge appear is it take some time to do that?

Have a nice day

Hi Moustafa, 

I checked your profile and it looks like your phone number is verified already. 

Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 3.25.36 PM.png

~ Avery
Upwork

ok, I'm sorry I missed it as I checked after getVerified anyway, thank you for your help 

Hi, Avery O 

Have a good day.

With due all the respect I appreciate all the members to answer my questions every time I tried to get help.

I have my phone number verified. But I want to see a verified badge on my profile. I would love your help to get this done.

Thanks.

Hi Muhammad, 

Please know that we don't have a phone verified badge on Upwork. Let us know if you have further questions regarding your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks,  Avery O !!!

For answering my question.

Actually I have asked that "how can I get phone number verified badge ?"

My phone number is added to my Upwork setting for receiving a unique code when I try to change a setting in my profile and also this code is also sent to my phone number for money drawings.

Have a nice day.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi Muhammad,

We used to offer phone verification at freelancers' request and some freelancers who completed it then may still have legacy badges. However, we don't offer this process at freelancers' request anymore. We do offer ID verification badge currently and see that you have already gotten it.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
jingiesv
Community Member

Hi Avery,

I would like my phone number gets verified too. Would you please help me also to connect with your Customer Support Team who has the capability of initiating the process of embedding a 'Phone Number Verified' badge into my profile?

Thanks,

-Jingies

Hi Jingies,

One of our customer support agents will reach out to you and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you so much for your prompt response. But for how long should I wait for one of your customer support agents to reach out to me to assist me further?

Thanks,

Jingies

Hi Jingies,

One of our team members has already reached out to you, please use the link I`ve shared above to access your ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you so much.

-Jingies

Hi James,

Phone verification isn't an option available for all users on Upwork. If you are required, you will receive a notification requesting you to do so. Verifying your phone number will not show a badge on your profile as well. For help improving your Upwork profile, please check out this blog.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Edited to add:

Sorry about the confusion, James. We'll have the ticket sent to you shortly with more information.

~ Bojan
Upwork

but my country code not appearing

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Antony,

I checked this for you and I was not able to replicate the issue you are experiencing.

Please, try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if you are able to click on the field above the street field which is greyed. Click the one with the text ''Start typing your address'' and you will be able to update your address information.

Afterwards, please try to select correct Country code from the drop-down menu.

Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am having trouble verifying my phone number mistakenly made a typo on the code too many time cus I'm on my phone a now I can't put the same number I please someone help
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kay, 

I'll go ahead and share your concern with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
eeshwardas
Community Member

Muhammad O,

Similar thing happened to me when I started on Upwork, but slightly different.  I entered my phone number, never received verification procedure from Upwork.  Never verified phone number, yet suddenly one day, the phone number Green Check showed up!?

I am not sure how my number became automatically verified even without my phone ringing or receiving any text message.

Perhaps Upwork has some high tech methods that other major corporations do not implement.  Who knows?  Could be.

If there is no procedure for the freelancer to initiate verification, then how am I to feel safe about my Upwork account?

Erik Douglas W.

Good day, as i read a solution, who do i have to contact, if i want to get Mobile Verified Badge?

Hi Arthur,

One of our customer support team members will reach out to you via email to assist directly, thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
orcio
Community Member

Hello

I would like my cell phone gets verified too and also I would like to get a 'Phone Number Verified' badge into my profile.

Thanks,

Horacio

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Horacio,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with verifying your phone number, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello

Can I have that verification as well?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Burak,

Looks like you were able to log in into your account. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
brkckl
Community Member

Yes, I can;however, what I am looking for is that phone verification badge. Can I possibly have that as well? Can it be done via phone verification in upwork profile settings?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Burak,

We used to offer phone verification at freelancers' request and some freelancers who completed it then may still have legacy badges. However, we don't offer this process at freelancers' request anymore. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
noe132
Community Member

Hello,

I'm looking for how to get verified my telephone number and get a badge on my profile, but I can't see how do it myself. I would like my telephone number gets verified too and also I would like to get a "Phone Number Verified" badge into my profile.

Is that possible?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Noemi,

Please know that we used to offer phone verification at freelancers' request and some freelancers who completed it then may still have legacy badges. However, we don't offer this process at freelancers' request anymore. We do offer ID verification badge currently and I can see that you have already gotten it.

~ Nikola
Upwork
noe132
Community Member

Thanks for your reply, I have another question.

I have received three new reviews with 5 stars on my profile the last two
weeks, but I see that my profile has not updated or the percent hasn't
risen yet. When will the percent that I have on my profile be updated? Now
it is 75%, so it is not too much and I would like it to be updated to get
new clients.
df602768
Community Member

Hi Noemi,

JSS updates every two weeks. Tomorrow is the next update. 

fea5c264
Community Member

Thank You. Needed to learn about it and i got My anser. Thank you so much.

000df56a
Community Member

I'm unable to verify my phone number please help me with that.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths