🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How can I verify my phone number?
Page options
omerabbasi78
Community Member

How can I verify my phone number?

I want to ask that what is the procedure to get the Phone number verified badge?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Muhammad,

Unfortunately, you won't be able to request phone verification yourself.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

89 REPLIES 89
fea5c264
Community Member

Thank You. Needed to learn about it and i got My anser. Thank you so much.

000df56a
Community Member

I'm unable to verify my phone number please help me with that.

Hi Sarfaraj,

We used to offer phone verification at freelancers' request and some freelancers who completed it then may still have legacy badges. However, we don't offer this process at freelancers' request anymore. 

Let us know if you have further questions.

~ Nikola
Upwork
000df56a
Community Member

this is my second comment here as I need a verification badge, can you please help me to verify my phone number...

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sarfaraj, 

As Nikola has shared with you last time through this post, phone verification is no longer offered. We used to provide it before, and freelancers who were able to verify their phone numbers successfully have legacy badges on their profiles. 

Freelancers can verify their account for the ID Verified Badge. When you are eligible for the badge, the team will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to complete the verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
0fd20fa8
Community Member

Hello, newbee here... I want to verify my number which I'm using for my Upwork account. Please guide me. Thank u 

Hi Abdullah,

We used to offer phone verification at freelancers' request and some freelancers who completed it then may still have legacy badges. However, we don't offer this process at freelancers' request anymore.

~ AJ
Upwork
5a452f3c
Community Member

I can still see freelancers, with phones verified. As I have read freelancers can't ask to be verified, does Upwork ask freelancers to be verified somewhere down the line?

ac2d80ec
Community Member

I'm getting a message that says I need to verify my phone number prior to posting a job. Can someone please verify? Not seeing anywhere in my profile to prompt this, the phone number in my profile is correct. 

Hi Will,

I took a closer look and confirmed that you were able to update your company's contact information on file. Additionally, I cannot see the need for you to verify your account information further, so this should not be the case. Could you please share a screenshot of the error from your end when posting a job? 

We'll look into that and assist you accordingly. We're looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members