🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How can I verify with my ID card without any ...
Page options
dani_arch
Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424

Hi Tanzina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked but could not replicate the issue you are experiencing. Could you please try to clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if the issue persists? 

Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a4336e86
Community Member

Hi,

I tried with a different browser still having the same issue. Also cleared
the cookies and cache but still facing the same problem. Attached a screen
recording. Please have a look and provide me with a solution.

Hi Tanzina,

Thank you for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
66b86115
Community Member

Hi, Upwork.

I am a freelancer from Brazil.

Today, I have received action required message from Upwork.

Btw, I have one problem in verifying my ID card.

My ID card's front end side has only my Photo and Fingerprint.

And back end side has my Full Name, Birthday, and ID number.

For now, I can't take a picture of my ID card both of side.

So I am going to upload two images but this is not allowed.

So I am going to upload scan images for both of side, but this is not allowed too.

In this case, how can I verify my ID card?

Please help.

Hi Joao,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
66b86115
Community Member

Thanks Joanne.

I am waiting for support ticket.

c7215469
Community Member

Hi, Iam Ayesha. I recently created my account on upwork. I wanted to know regarding the verification. My ID card has yet to be made (in process) it will take a week or two but my verification is due Tuesday 12th Oct 2021. Can I verify my account with B-form? If I verify my account afterwards what happens as iam working on projects and getting paid, will this affect my ongoing projects? Or the money I have on my account? Can I verify later once my ID card is made?

Hi Ayesha,

To learn more about our accepted documents, check out this Help Article.

Freelancers that are required to verify but do not do so within 7 days of our notification will have their accounts placed on hold. The hold will prevent freelancers from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. Any active proposals that have been submitted will also be canceled. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts. 

Once you successfully pass the verification process, this hold will be removed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
dea35406
Community Member

Can I verified my upwork ID with my College certificate?

0fb0087f
Community Member

Hi Dear,

Upwork asking me to verify ID. But at this time I haven't any government ID cards. I have submitted papers to do these things and they told me to wait for 15 days but Upwork give me 7 days to verify my id. What should I do now?

Please help me.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Morsalin,

If you're not able to do the verification now, you can do it once your documents arrive. I would like to note that freelancers that are required to verify but do not do so within 7 days of our notification will have their accounts placed on hold. The hold will prevent freelancers from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. Any active proposals that have been submitted will also be canceled. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts. However, once you successfully pass the verification process, this hold will be removed. For more information, you can check this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
arslanorigamist1
Community Member

I just completed my first job and was notified to complete the ID verification but I am unable to do so.

When I click on get started, It loads for a while and then gives me an error that says "

We are unable to complete ID verification at this time. Please contact support by visiting the Upwork Help Center to resolve this issue."
Please help me out.

Hi Arslan,

I checked and it looks like you already completed the verification. Let us know if you need further help!

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Yes, it worked when I disabled the adblocker permanently. Thank you.

tayyaib96
Community Member

image.png

Hi Tayyaib,

As your account is new it takes time to enable this tab on your account.

Regards

Hi Tayyaib,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. 

I would like to clarify that only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the “Identity Verified” badgeOnce we notify you that you are eligible or required to earn the badge, you will see the Identity Verification tab in your Settings and you will be able to complete the two stages from there. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
vjynyk
Community Member

My name does match my state ID. The system still will not aprove my name. 

Hi Vynyyn,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi,

I just got my first job and I was notified to verify my account within 7 days, unfortunately I do not have any passport, national ID nor driver's license. 

I am a college student and I am already above 18. School ID and Birth Certificate are the documents that I only have. I cannot book for an appointment to get registered for my passport nor national ID as every schedule is fully booked. 

I sent a ticket to further assist me with this issue.

Hi Vince,

I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your support ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
aqibsheikh77
Community Member

I created an Upwork account with my first and last name only. But I want to add my full name in my profile for further avoiding trouble in future. So I created a profile name change request. And the name was changed at account setting but on my profile page or identity varification page(where I want to upload my ID card,attached file-it should be my full name) it is not changed yet. How to solve it?

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Mohammad,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
6d69b956
Community Member

Whenever I try to verify my account, this happens

Hi Dieu Linh,

~ Joanne
Upwork
0fb0087f
Community Member

Hi Dear,

I have an online birth certificate. Here is all my information.

Can I verify with it?

Please help me.

Morsalin

Hi Morsalin,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
wahabapple
Community Member

Identity verification is not showing on my upwork. Can someone guide me.

Thank you

Hi Wahab,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment which is why you don't see the option. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

Thank you for your quick reply then how can I get a verified badge.

Thank you.

Hi Wahab,

Please note that verification cannot be requested. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
77d2fb98
Community Member

Hi there,

I would like to verify my ID.  I haven't been asked for it yet though. But the problem is I can't find any link to get started.

Where can I find the ID verification link?

Hi Abdul,

Please note that the verification cannot be requested and the team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
487e5a50
Community Member

When will I become eligible/required? 

I have been on up work for almost a month and I'm eager to get my first job. Even though I have sent several proposals I didn't receive any response.

I'm guessing mainly because my account isn't verified and I have been waiting to become eligible/required for quite some time now and I didn't receive any notification or E-mails for this purpose from Upwork.

What should I do? 

Hi Ali,

Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

~Andrea
Upwork
487e5a50
Community Member

Hi Andrea 

Thank you for replying. 

It's just that it's taking too long compared to other freelancers that I know. I though that I might be doing something wrong.  

magde_nikolovska
Community Member

Dear all, I made a mistake uploading picture instead photo of my ID. How can i correct my mistake ? Can you give me some mail to send a photo from my ID. Verification date is 16.10.2021

Hi Martin,

I checked and our team has already reached out to you regarding this. Please refer to your support ticket here.

~Andrea
Upwork
wajahat2021
Community Member

Hi Upwork Community Team,

I am here to ask a question about profile identity verification. Its been 10month ago i did  not receive any verification notification. Because of that i didnt get any job. Any solution on this?

Thanks

Wajahat

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members