🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How can a customer with a suspended accou...
Page options
reallysimplevid
Community Member

How can a customer with a suspended account pay me?

Hi there,

I've a customer whose trying to pay an outstanding balace for some work, but can't as their account is suspended.

They say support isn't helping (I can see from screenshots they are being honest about the fact of the account suspension).

What's the solution here to recive payment from them?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ben,

Could you please share the ID of the contract you're referring to. I'll check that for you and advise you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks, just PM'd you

Hi, could I have an update here please?

I passed on the contract details via PM, but the client was in contact today to say Upwork still hasn't sorted this out & he can't pay me on the platform.

Hi Ben,

Thank you for following up. Unfortunately, upon checking, the status of your Client's account is unchanged untill now. While we can't share any specific details, please ask your client to follow up with our team in order to resolve the issue with their account in order to resume your payment. 

I'll follow up with our team about this case and one of our agents will reach out to them to assist further.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi there - this still hasn't been resolved!

Is there any other way to go about fixing the problem?  

Thanks

your client has to resolve whatever problem they have with Upwork.

Hi - this issue is still outstanding & now the client is back in touch asking me to do new work. We were never able to sort out him being able to pay me the outstanding amount from the previous work.

He doesn't seem to be able to fix whatever issue he has with Upwork his end - is there anything I can do to help him?

Ben M wrote:

Hi - this issue is still outstanding & now the client is back in touch asking me to do new work. We were never able to sort out him being able to pay me the outstanding amount from the previous work.

He doesn't seem to be able to fix whatever issue he has with Upwork his end - is there anything I can do to help him?

You need to help yourself at this point. Be firm with your client and say that payments MUST go via Upwork and that you cannot discuss any new projects until he pays you what he already owes.

It's nice that you want to help, but you really do need to consider the possibility that your client is trying to scam you into working for free - that does happen, so you can't be too trusting.

I don't blame you if you are frustrated.

But here's the thing:

Upwork LIKES MONEY.

Upwork is NOT picky about its clients. So, it's not like Upwork is giving this client a hard time, asking him to retrieve the Golden Fleece of Zeus or refusing to take his money because he is from Delaware or some crazy thing.

Thr problem is that the client simply isn't providing them with a working credit card number.

This isn't rocket science.

People have been using credit cards to pay for things on the Internet for a long time.

If it's me, then I would be saying to the client:

"Yes, that is a great idea for the next step. As soon as you process payment for the precious work, I will get to work on that."

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths