cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can client and me agree on customised billing to bill for hours of colleague work as well?

wlyonsatl
Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
11 of 14

Akshat,

Upwork has many options for contract structures - hourly, fixed price, salaried, bonus payments. I doubt many freelancers and clients will find they cannot fit their agreed work structure within these options.

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
12 of 14

Akshat G wrote:

Thanks Will. Your suggestion looks valid. I guess I will do it on a fixed price. Or may be create two different projects with different hourly rates. In any case I am going to be working throughout and my colleague is going to assist me only, so I can always bill my hours. Thanks for help everyone. Seems we can't have a custom contract between Freelancer and Client. Upwork should consider option of offering client and freelancer to customise their contract and terms of engagement. Anyways upwork charges commission on earnings of freelancer. They can rather make the platform more facilitating so that people can do more business without breaking rules. It will always mean more revenue for Upwork also.  

It's not Upwork's fault that you can't figure out how to create a fixed price contract. 

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
13 of 14

Your client can pay by the hour without necessitating that those hours be recorded via Upwork's time tracker. Agree to a fixed-price contract with milestones. Provide the client with an estimate so they can create and fund the corresponding milestone. Then, when the work is completed, submit a request for payment and adjust the milestone request to reflect the amount due based on the time spent. If you trust the client, you can wait until the time has been accrued and then ask them to create the milestone. 

Upwork is not going to allow you to enter false time records so that you or a co-worker can be paid. The client will have to use a bonus, fixed price, or weekly salary format to transfer money to you. 

b3b44a73
Akshat G Member Since: Jun 13, 2020
14 of 14

Thanks. Your suggestions are great. Idea was anyways never to bill falsely. Glad I posted my query here at the community with you so many wonderful people helping me out. I guess I have largely understood how to go ahead. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS