cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can client change details of already sent contract?

duskoavramovski
Community Leader
Dusko A Member Since: May 12, 2017
1 of 3

Greetings,

I applied on job offer that was hourly, not fixed. Through conversation we agree to be fixed. 
Upon receiving the contract the offer is still in hours calculated, not fixed. I assume the client, according what i acknowledged, doesnt have a clue how to even send a contract without paying. He thought he was paying that to me, so i had to tell him that must be the money that UpWork is keeping. 

Anyway, before i accept this offer, is there a way for him to change it into fixed or should i just accept it as it is? 

Thank you in advance as always! 

Best regards,

Dusko Avramovski 

nkocendova
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
2 of 3

Hi Dusko,

Although it is possible to switch a contract from Fixed-Price to hourly, it is not possible to do this the other way around and switch from Hourly to Fixed-Price, however the client can close this contract and then re-hire you on a brand new Fixed-Price contract.

~Nina
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
3 of 3

@Dusko A wrote:

Greetings,

I applied on job offer that was hourly, not fixed. Through conversation we agree to be fixed. 
Upon receiving the contract the offer is still in hours calculated, not fixed. I assume the client, according what i acknowledged, doesnt have a clue how to even send a contract without paying. He thought he was paying that to me, so i had to tell him that must be the money that UpWork is keeping. 

Anyway, before i accept this offer, is there a way for him to change it into fixed or should i just accept it as it is? 

Thank you in advance as always! 

Best regards,

Dusko Avramovski 

2 ways of doing it.

1. Reject the offer and get the client to send a new one, changing the "hourly" to Fixed" on the offer screen
  2. Get the client to withdraw the offer, and send a new one, changing the "hourly" to Fixed" on the offer screen

View solution in original post

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS