Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can fixed rates be so low?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Heath S Member Since: Mar 16, 2016
31 of 36

Janean,

I've seen that one too.  Since I'm a medical writer, I have a saved job search for some of the keywords in the client's post. The funny thing is that he's posted several jobs requesting the same thing, but for different medical conditions. I guess he's just throwing a handful of darts at the disability dartboard and hoping one hits a bull's eye.

And yeah, no physician is gonna sign that letter for $10 unless they're outside a developed country. And if he thinks any US disability group will accept a letter from a physician not licensed to practice in the US, he's in for a nice surprise. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
32 of 36

Heath --

Thanks for the response!

I have done quite a bit of medical editing in my time. Although I didn't actually "write the book" on the medical condition that is described in the job posting under discussion, I literally edited an entire medical text on that condition -- the  condition that this client wishes to claim is related to [you know what the supposed cause is!].  That medical condition is fairly widespread, and according to what I read when I edited the textbook on the condition, its causes are various. I am not an M.D., but I do teach logic, and I understand correlation and causation. Given that even a handful of well-established alternative underlying causes exist for "Medical Condition G," it seems absurd to believe that anyone could ever hope to establish "beyond any doubt at all" (or words to that effect that the client is using in his/her job demands) that "Medical Condition G" is correlated directly with "Condition P." (And, by the way -- didn't nothin' in the whole medical book I edited say nothin' 'bout any such possible cause "P" for said condition! It isn't even a "maybe," as far as I know.)

And, yes, no U.S. disability board is going to pay any attention at all to a non-U.S. (or perhaps Canadian) M.D.'s opinion.

I wonder what the backstory is.

(P.S. My editing of the medical text also tells me that Medical Condition G suffered by the client is, while not to be taken lightly, also not disabling!)

Oh, well...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
33 of 36

The only question which matters here is: will he hire someone?

Which would imply that someone actually send a bid. My guess is that there will be people who will want the job, no matter the pay. **Edited for Community Guidelines**

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
34 of 36

John, a McDonald's work in the U.S. specifically in N.Y state makes $15 an hour.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
35 of 36

Janean - I think, that you're confusing the initials M.D. Most people would think that means Medical Doctor. In reality, on this site, it actually means, Me Doctor.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
36 of 36

or "Mad Doctor" ?

"Muddled and Demented" ?

"Mildly Deluded" ?

and so on...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS