cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i join a oDesk group?

Tanvir E M Member Since: Nov 11, 2013
1 of 4
Hi all, I want to join a Agency or group.But i don't know how should i find an agency or group.And how can i join them? Is there anyone who can solve me out from this? Thanks.
Community Guru
Junelle A Member Since: May 31, 2009
2 of 4
unless the rules have changed (which unfortunately does happen here, often without warning) you'll have to be invited. there's isn't a way to contact them. some things you might want to know before joining an agency: [quote=Jacqueline Pittenger] Pro: The company will help you get work. Pro: You're likely to get to work with the company's other affiliated contractors (ACs) across multiple assignments/buyers. Pro: Your staffing manager and fellow ACs can be a good community/support system. Con: The company gets all your earnings and pays you as they see fit. Con: An exclusive AC can't do any work that isn't part of the company. (Exception: A non-exclusive AC can also work on indendently.) Con: You can't leave the company 'self-service' - a company manager has to remove your affiliation. "Joining a team" is rather generic, but when people ask about it on the forums, yes, they're usually talking about affiliating with a company. However, joining a team can ALSO refer to being hired by a buyer. To avoid confusion, call what you're asking about affiliating with a provider company.[/quote]
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.
Sandra J Member Since: Nov 16, 2014
3 of 4

Hi!

Your answer is very useful in my situation as well. However, I was wondering if you could clarify one thing for me:

You mentioned that the agencies/companies get all our earnings. If the work done is followed through oDesk Team App and is hourly paid, shouldn't we still see our earnings directly and be protected by the oDesk guarantee? And, as a consequence, be able to access our earnings within the regular 10 days after workweek ends?

Thank you in advance!

Community Guru
Junelle A Member Since: May 31, 2009
4 of 4

hi Sandra! i just came across this reply from the mod Valeria, on this thread:

http://community.odesk.com/t5/Freelancers/Who-will-get-paid/m-p/55853#U55853

i know and understand what you're saying, but i believe oDesk created it this way so that the agencies that you affiliate yourself with are themselves protected. you will want to chat with support to clear things, though.

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS