ronanderson

How can report a abusive client?

Hello,
I would like to report a client he was abusive.

13 REPLIES 13
petra_r

@ron a wrote:

Hello,

"Abusive" in what way? 

petra_r

@ron a wrote:

Hello,

PS... Are you certain that you really are located in Beverly Hills,, USA, and that your legal name is ""Ron"?

Maybe the "abusive" client pointed out that you lied about your location, seeing that you are actually in India and not called "Ron?"

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ron,

Please send me a screenshot of the messages you'd like to report and a link to the client's job post. Our team will follow up with you directly in the meantime to address issues with your profile.

Untitled

This guy is asking for money in order to work with his bosnian company.

Huge scam.  Don't do it.

Yes but he is here in Upwork and the moderators should suspend him. I cant contact some of the administrators.

And Poof, he's gone.

Kathy, 

Who's gone? you mean Ron? Gone? 

Yes, Ron is gone. His profile is inaccessible.

Hi Dimo,

I checked and the job you are referring to has already been removed by the team as it was violating Upwork ToS. 

Thanks for reporting.

~ Valeria
Upwork
dimo88

Why is so complicated to contact anybody from the supporting team on Upwork? Because someone is asking for money in order to work with his bosnian company

It's a scam  (clients pay us, not the other way around). Simply flag to report the job as fraud.

Customer support for all the millions of freelancer and clients on Upwork is not possible

It's not actually that complicated. 

When you encounter a scammer on upwork, you have the option to flag the job. Open the job in a new tab or window, and a "Flag as inappropriate" option will appear just under your profile name on the right. Hit the button and mark why it is inappropriate for Upwork. That will alert the Upwork team and they'll look into it. You don't need to go through the whole process of finding someone to talk to.