cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How can we improve My Stats? Share your feedback.

lenaellis
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 56

Hello Community! We are considering ways to make My Stats an even more transparent and helpful tool—a tool with insights that show you ways to improve your success on Upwork.

By navigating to Find Work > My Stats, you will find insights on your client satisfaction, responsiveness to invitations, and how clients engage with you after receiving your proposals.

Our questions to you:

1. What existing metrics have been most helpful for you? 
  2. What other information do you wish was available in My Stats? 
  3. How do you think My Stats could help you be more effective on the platform

All feedback and suggestions are welcome! 

Untitled
jr-translation
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
2 of 56

Lena E wrote:

Hello Community! We are considering ways to make My Stats an even more transparent and helpful tool—a tool with insights that show you ways to improve your success on Upwork.

By navigating to Find Work > My Stats, you will find insights on your client satisfaction, responsiveness to invitations, and how clients engage with you after receiving your proposals.

Our questions to you:

1. What existing metrics have been most helpful for you? 
  2. What other information do you wish was available in My Stats? 
  3. How do you think My Stats could help you be more effective on the platform

All feedback and suggestions are welcome! 

Don't break it. I do not really get the "Compared to your peers" data because I have not tried to get hired in the past weeks but my "You were hired " line is almost entirely dark green. On the other hand I do not care how other are doing because that is their business.

If you want to improve something, the Trust and Safety team desperately needs help to check all the flagged accounts and remove scammers.

moonraker
Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
3 of 56

Jennifer R wrote:

If you want to improve something, the Trust and Safety team desperately needs help to check all the flagged accounts and remove scammers.

Another endorsement from me for this comment. 

m_terrazas
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
4 of 56

I really only ever look at it, if I remember or someone comments, to see when JSS was updated.
I don't see much use for it, the same as "who saw my profile".

What both are for, leave them as they are and dedicate yourself to what Jennifer says, stopping the entry of cheaters, cleaning the pool of freelancers that already exists.

You can use all the flaggs and calls in the forum that so many people have made for nothing.
For our part, it is free work, we let you use it.

feed_my_eyes
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
5 of 56

I very much doubt that you'll be able to give me any meaningful statistics that will help me to improve my business. Clients see my profile (or, more often, don't see my profile) based on your rankings and algorithms, and invitations and interviews stem from this, so there's nothing that I can do about any of it.

I would add another vote to what Jennifer and Maria have said - if Upwork has time and manpower to spare, then I wish you would do more to enforce your ToS. In the past week alone, there have been freelancers in the forum who have admitted to sharing their accounts, taking payments off of Upwork, and selling stolen designs to clients. They are all still on your platform. I don't see why making changes to the stats page is more important than protecting clients from being scammed by liars and con artists. Upwork doesn't have its priorities straight.

gilbert-phyllis
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
6 of 56

Thanks for asking!

The metrics about response to invitations are of no value to me. The metrics comparing my view, interview, and hire rates with those of other FLs are of no value because the basis for comparison extends far outside my niche. (I do custom primary research  and some writing, both to support marketing but those metrics compare me with all FLs in the Sales & Marketing category.) The profile discovery metric is of no value because it doesn't tell me anything about who the discoverers are -- real clients with real projects, or other FLs curious about me when I mouth off in the forum?

What would be useful to me:

-- How many invitations I got in the past week, month, quarter.

-- How many of the invitations were from Basic, Business, and Enterprise clients.

-- How many of the invitations I accepted and declined.

-- How many accepted invitations resulted in a contract.

-- How many proposals I submitted in teh past week, month, quarter.

-- How many proposals resulted in an interview and how many resulted in a contract.

Profile discovery metrics would be useful if they told me who's looking -- how many Basic clients, how many Business clients, how many Enterprise clients. I was happy to get both the TR+ and EV badges last year but I have no way of determining whether or how they are helping me, and no way to strategize to leverage them.

jr-translation
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
7 of 56

Phyllis G wrote:

Thanks for asking!

The metrics about response to invitations are of no value to me. The metrics comparing my view, interview, and hire rates with those of other FLs are of no value because the basis for comparison extends far outside my niche. (I do custom primary research  and some writing, both to support marketing but those metrics compare me with all FLs in the Sales & Marketing category.) The profile discovery metric is of no value because it doesn't tell me anything about who the discoverers are -- real clients with real projects, or other FLs curious about me when I mouth off in the forum?

-- How many of the invitations were from Basic, Business, and Enterprise clients.

-- How many proposals resulted in an interview and how many resulted in a contract.

Profile discovery metrics would be useful if they told me who's looking -- how many Basic clients, how many Business clients, how many Enterprise clients. I was happy to get both the TR+ and EV badges last year but I have no way of determining whether or how they are helping me, and no way to strategize to leverage them.

-- How many of the invitations were from TS.

-- How many of thsee invitations I accepted and declined.

m_terrazas
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
8 of 56

Phyllis G wrote:

Thanks for asking!

A good listing! 
But I still prefer that they dedicate themselves to other more urgent things.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
9 of 56

Maria T wrote:

A good listing! 
But I still prefer that they dedicate themselves to other more urgent things.

Agree on both counts. This seems like one more superficial change being implemented to make it look like the platform is being further developed, while the real problems go ignored. 

rverang
Community Guru
Renante V Member Since: Feb 7, 2018
10 of 56

Phyllis G wrote:

Profile discovery metrics would be useful if they told me who's looking -- how many Basic clients, how many Business clients, how many Enterprise clients.

This is a pretty good list.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS