Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

How can we improve My Stats? Share your feedback.

shujagraphy7
Active Member
Shuja A Member Since: Oct 28, 2019
41 of 92

hello!

this is the question I am expecting for so long.

1.What existing metrics have been most helpful for you? 

in my stats, the most helpful matrics are the Client Satisfaction section because it helps me a lot to check whether I am in the right direction or not.

2.What other information do you wish was available in My Stats? 

i which upwork have statics which show us today or in last week how many Upwork users (clients) open our project catalog specific project or any of them and how many times our project appears in search results any tags ranking which we use on our catalog project. this would be the best section in My stats if Upwork introduce this feature,

3.How do you think My Stats could help you be more effective on the platform? 

if Upwork introduces such a feature which I mentioned in Q2 then it helps me a lot to grow my Upwork carrier.

 

e_skoldebring
Ace Contributor
Erik S Member Since: Apr 6, 2018
42 of 92

I would like more earningscentric stats.

 

The 12 month earnings is nice but useless since its dynamic. I would like:

- Lifetime earnings (I want to know how far away I am from 200K on my profile, it would motivate me to know im close)

- Yearly earnings - how am I doing this year compared to last and the one before? Again - motivating!

 

Perhaps some kind of profitability indicator that shows im getting higher paid projects/higher average hourly pay, etc. 


 

e_luneborg
Community Guru
Eve L Member Since: Feb 17, 2017
43 of 92

Erik S wrote:

I would like more earningscentric stats.

 

The 12 month earnings is nice but useless since its dynamic. I would like:

- Lifetime earnings (I want to know how far away I am from 200K on my profile, it would motivate me to know im close)

- Yearly earnings - how am I doing this year compared to last and the one before? Again - motivating!

 

Perhaps some kind of profitability indicator that shows im getting higher paid projects/higher average hourly pay, etc. 


 


I'd like this as well. Lifetime earnings, average earnings per client, and also lifetime and yearly Upwork fees (in $ and %). In addition to the 12-month earnings stats we already have.

________________________
Freelancing is a gamble - To win you need skill, luck and a strategy
drk1885
Active Member
Matthew W K Member Since: Oct 22, 2018
44 of 92

Be 100% transaperent on how JSS is calculated. (For example, mine dropped a point this week even though I haven't closed any contracts or received feedback for a month--why????) I'd love to see how this is calculated since it affects me materially. 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
45 of 92

Matthew W K wrote:

(For example, mine dropped a point this week even though I haven't closed any contracts or received feedback for a month--why????)


Good outcome(s) falling out of your calculation window, increasing the "weight" of any poor outcome(s) left in it.

 

jennifervh
Ace Contributor
Jennifer V Member Since: Jan 31, 2018
46 of 92

Great question!

 

I've had two questions regarding this page for awhile.

1. In the Marketing Effectiveness section, it would be good to have some information about what I can do to get viewed more often. Can I move the bar here at all?

screenshot.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

2. I've gotten emails (sorry, didn't save any, don't have example text) which say something to the effect that I've been viewed x times in the past week, click through to see who's viewing my profile so I can proactively apply to those jobs. I have clicked through a few times, but I don't see who has actually viewed my profile or even what jobs the views might be attached to. I think this is a nice feature, but it doesn't seem to work (or maybe I'm missing something).

 

Best,

Jennifer

10x10px Blank.png

 

 

 

 

 

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
47 of 92

Jennifer V wrote:

 

1. In the Marketing Effectiveness section, it would be good to have some information about what I can do to get viewed more often. Can I move the bar here at all?

screenshot.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

2. I've gotten emails (sorry, didn't save any, don't have example text) which say something to the effect that I've been viewed x times in the past week, click through to see who's viewing my profile so I can proactively apply to those jobs. I have clicked through a few times, but I don't see who has actually viewed my profile or even what jobs the views might be attached to. I think this is a nice feature, but it doesn't seem to work (or maybe I'm missing something).


1. Why? You're getting impressively hired more than your (purported) market peers. My hire stat virtually always beats my views stat, and not uncommonly my interview stat. Views don't pay the bills.

2. I think (and hope!) those emails have been retired in favor of the notifications that client x has viewed your profile (they use language something like "may be interested"?). These may be somewhat intrusive, but they're more direct and less cumbersome than the old system, which required disregarding the generic client field descriptions and poking at the relatively rare indication of a specific job.

jennifervh
Ace Contributor
Jennifer V Member Since: Jan 31, 2018
48 of 92

Hi Douglas, missed your reply until now but thanks for responding.

 

1. I seem to go through cycles - it seems like I may get a fair amount of interest for a week or so, and then go for quite awhile with no invitations to interview. I wondered if freelancers "take turns" (so to speak) being seen in searches (which is fair) and so I'll always just turn up once a month or so, or if there's something I'm doing or not doing on the site that would making me less likely to turn up. (I'm surprised my "you were hired" bar is high because it definitely happens that clients will fade after an interview, or sometimes it turns out the project's not really in my area and I point the client somewhere else).

2. Hmm, I haven't seen notifications that clients may be interested or have viewed my profile.

atlinguist
Community Guru
Alexandra H Member Since: Jul 30, 2015
49 of 92

1. Ratings of my work after completion, excluding the rating for the price/fee.

2. Type of client: enterprise on UW (business account), enterprise or company listed as such in country of origin, private client, repeat cient from platform perspective (i.e. left the platform and then came back to open a new account)

3. My Stats is nice to have, but it does not make me more effective. That is something only my talent, education, willingness to learn, etc. can do.

 

Responsiveness to invitations does NOT help me at all because I often get those after business hours and on Sundays (when I am not willing or able to reply promptly). But THANKS for asking!!! Feels like my opinion matters.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
50 of 92

Alexandra H wrote:

1. Ratings of my work after completion, excluding the rating for the price/fee.

2. Type of client: enterprise on UW (business account), enterprise or company listed as such in country of origin, private client, repeat cient from platform perspective (i.e. left the platform and then came back to open a new account)


1. There is no rating for the price/fee?

2. Most of those Upwork simply wouldn't know.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS