cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we improve My Stats? Share your feedback.

dsmgdesign
Community Guru
David S M Member Since: Apr 24, 2018
61 of 92

Of the suggestions made, here’s what I like/suggest:

1. Do not omit anything

2. Add a feature that tells us how many of my proposals have been viewed by clients

3. How often my proposal fell in the “best match” category …in the past month, quarter and year.

4. Give marketing effectiveness more context. It’s pretty useless as is as others have said and needs to be improved

5. I’d also give the JSS calculation a little more explanation here, as someone else suggested. Upwork’s idea that we would gain the system by revealing this to us is absurd. If Upwork is 100% transparent with all of their freelancers, then how can any one freelancer gain the system. Give us all the same advantage.

6. Invites - a lot of people complain it’s not useful. So rather than omitting, is there a way we can make this more useful? I don’t have the answer…that’s what your high-paid cracker jack Upwork employees are for. I’m just a self-employed dude looking for work.

audrey1111
Audrey S Member Since: Sep 26, 2020
62 of 92

What I use most:

• entire Client Satisfaction section (agree it would be nice to see lifetime earnings there)

To add:

• stats on proposals/invitations/interviews/contracts, as others in the thread have broken out well
  • I'd like to know final outcome for jobs I didn't get, current year and previous year:
    •   number+percent where no one was hired
    •   for those with a hire:
      • percent hiring at a lower rate vs a higher rate compared to my bid
      • percent hiring a freelancer with more vs. less Upwork experience than me
  • stats on Project Catalog:
    • How often each of my project pages were viewed; how many times each project was ordered and completed (annual and lifetime)
    • What those stats look like for other similar projects (e.g. average and max by category and specialty)

Related:

• The Certificate of Earnings is super-useful, but it would be really really helpful to have additional versions of it that reflected the current calendar year and the previous calendar year (ideally broken down by quarters), for situations where annual and YTD data is required.

Thanks!

noureddinex0
NourEddine Y Member Since: Jul 20, 2018
63 of 92

Upwork talent search stats

What keywords clients who invited me where searching for?

What keywords clients who saw my profile where searching for?

Where do I appear in search on most relevant keywords? (for example: I appear in Page 1 when you search "OPNsense" and Page 11 when you search "Nginx")

maybe some other Upwork talent search related stats that I don't have in mind

bundie702
Community Guru
Bettye U Member Since: Mar 6, 2016
64 of 92

How about a total of earnings for each calendar year (and an updated total year-to-date for the current year)?

abinadab-agbo
Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
65 of 92

Clients who would recommend should be a percentage of only clients who left feedback, and not of all clients as is currently the case.

This would also be in keeping with recent changes to how no-feedback contracts are factored into the JSS.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
66 of 92

Abinadab A wrote:

Clients who would recommend should be a percentage of only clients who left feedback, 

It already is exactly that and has been all along

Abinadab A wrote:

and not of all clients as is currently the case..

It isn't currently of all clients and never has been. It's purely of the clients who left feedback.

abinadab-agbo
Community Guru
67 of 92
You don't appear to have understood my comment. By "of" I meant "over".
abinadab-agbo
Community Guru
68 of 92
Currently if a freelancer has $100k in total earnings but only received feedback in $75k of contracts, his recommended score cannot be above 75%. It will tend towards 75%, but will not cross it.

I'm saying that that's not appropriate.
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
69 of 92

wrote:
Currently if a freelancer has $100k in total earnings but only received feedback in $75k of contracts, his recommended score cannot be above 75%. It will tend towards 75%, but will not cross it.

This is entirely untrue. (my own would be proof because it could not be in the high nineties if what you say were true, which it isn't) - The metric ONLY counts the private feedback of those clients who actually did leave feedback. Clients who left no feedback are completely excluded.

If a freelancer has a "Clients who would recommend" percentage of 75% it's because their clients (those who left feedback) left private feedback that suggested to the system that they were not happy in 25% of cases. It's basically the "private and lifetime" JSS. 

Abinadab wrote:
I'm saying that that's not appropriate.

It would indeed not be appropriate if it was the case; alas, it isn't.

abinadab-agbo
Community Guru
70 of 92
Your representations on this matter are not correct, Petra.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS