cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we improve My Stats? Share your feedback.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
71 of 92

Abinadab A wrote:
Your representations on this matter are not correct, Petra.

Yes, they are.

rverang
Community Guru
Renante V Member Since: Feb 7, 2018
72 of 92

Abinadab A wrote:
Currently if a freelancer has $100k in total earnings but only received feedback in $75k of contracts, his recommended score cannot be above 75%. It will tend towards 75%, but will not cross it.

I'm saying that that's not appropriate.

If this was true, my "Client who would recommend you" would be hovering around 50%, but it's in the mid 90s.

petra_r
Community Guru
73 of 92

Renante V wrote:

Abinadab A wrote:
Currently if a freelancer has $100k in total earnings but only received feedback in $75k of contracts, his recommended score cannot be above 75%. It will tend towards 75%, but will not cross it.

I'm saying that that's not appropriate.

If this was true, my "Client who would recommend you" would be hovering around 50%, but it's in the mid 90s.

Mine would be in the low 80s instead of high 90s because my "no feedback" rate is around 10% but there was a huge ($100k+) one among them. I don't even know where the idea comes from that it includes contracts with clients who didn't leave any feedback.

shantanu192
Shantanu J Member Since: Apr 18, 2019
74 of 92

Hi!

Here is one suggestion from my end: There should be a section where I can see a bar graph of my monthly earning or a trend line. 

That would be helpful.

Thanks!

0ebff118
Aleena N Member Since: May 19, 2020
75 of 92

Thanks for asking! "My stats" should also show the personal feedback given by clients so that freelancers can actually improve/work on their skills. BTW I can't see any point in separate public and private feedbacks by clients. And both affects the JSS of freelancers. For me it only creates hypocrisy as most clients give you a 5/5 feedback publically while a poor one privately. Thanks in advance!!

neerajdhameliya
Niral D Member Since: Nov 21, 2019
76 of 92

I have Top rated batch but by only one low rating my success rate goes down from 100% to 89% and starts decreasing Top Rated eligible weeks although other Jobs are in progress.

That's not fair and still, wait for 2 months for the Top-rated batch.
upwork.com/fl/neerajdhameliya

Screenshot_2021-03-17  upwork my-stats-nuxt.png

Other all clients are satisfied and rewarded me with new projects and bounce. Due to this, I have to work at a cheap price just to get a good project.

Please discuss with the freelancer once before taking down his stats to 100% to 89%.

clients don't lose anything if their account has a low rating but if we have the same It's totally affecting our freelancing career.
Please do something about this.

petra_r
Community Guru
77 of 92

Niral D wrote:

I have Top rated batch but by only one low rating my success rate goes down from 100% to 89% and starts decreasing Top Rated eligible weeks although other Jobs are in progress.

Your JSS is 95% and it wasn't "just one low rating". You had poor private feedback in more than one, as is clear from your poor private feedback percentage.

87.png

Niral D wrote:

Please discuss with the freelancer once before taking down his stats 

There is nothing to discuss? It's automatic, not negotiated.

neerajdhameliya
Niral D Member Since: Nov 21, 2019
78 of 92

Hi Petra,
As you said I had poor private feedback in more than one if that's the case then UpWork let know us about this so, we can more improve our service to the clients. If we see the client is happy with our work and provide 5 stars rating so, obviously anyone thinks that client liked their work & as I know about my client all are very satisfied except few but they didn't provide poor ratings and I didn't ask to them for Five-star ratings and all that stuff. they provide with his own.
We always trying how to provide better service to clients but if UpWork would consider the private feedback & basis on that if Job success score affected then that's not right.

If clients didn't tell the freelancers what they not liked or doing wrong with them. how freelancers will know?

I hope, you understand my concern.

proseobd
Md Arif Hossain K Member Since: Dec 28, 2019
79 of 92

Bid in a Rythm, Don't stop completly and don't be so quick.

Always reply inside 24hr and Give value to your client's. That's all.

bb7effcf
Alexis B Member Since: Jan 20, 2019
80 of 92

My only suggestion regarding this is making Upwork a marketplace that's fairer between freelancer-client, because currently it works as a marketplace for people looking to hire without equally acknowledging the freelancer's work.

To make things clearer: a pattern of a client working with 10+ freelancers and giving all of them poor feedback should demonstrate that the problem is in the client and in the fact that they cant appreciate anything anyone does for them. In an ideal scenario, a client like that shouldn't have the same impact on freelancers' JSS than a client who's professional, friendly, says "Hi" at least before starting with giving orders, and acknowledges that the work is being done by a human on the other side. 

I'm not saying i was traumatized by any experiences here but in the 61 jobs i've taken i have dealt with few clients that were really really bad at doing business, unprofessional and that just don't like appreciating the work that freelancers do for them. This can also be proven by us submitting conversations where we were clearly disrespected by the client.

All i'm saying is a client like this shouldn't have the same impact on freelancers' JSS as another client that's more professional and humane. Let alone, if they've worked with 50-100 freelancers and given them all 3/4 stars because they enjoy doing so!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS