cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How client's worse behavior might effect my job success score?

allentitan
Allen T Member Since: Feb 2, 2016
1 of 5

Hi,

I am new in upwork. I have worked in three projects with two client in last 6 months.
Fist project was successfully finished with some ratings and bonus.
But here is a story about the second client.
First project with second client was done successfully with some bonus (That's great).
But, in the second project he has done some additional work by me promissing that he will pay me extra.
When it was done I submit the project claiming the extra payment. But all on a sudden he dispeared for a long time.
And once he came back after almost one month, he paid me the half payment (without the extra).
When I tell this matter to upwork help center, they started to investigate and kept a hold on in my profile untill they talk to the client about the issue.
But, client never responded, But my account was stuck.
So to open my profile I requested upwork to open my profile in anyway and I don't need any extra and I just want my profile back.
Then upwork completely reversed the payment to the client and removed the project from my work history, as if I never did that project.

The story ends, I lost my money and most importantly a lot time. And stopped to work in upwork.

But however I wanna continue.
Now, my question is,

"WILL THIS KIND OF SITUATION EFFECT MY JOB SUCCESS SCORE IN FUTURE (Right now I dont have any job success score) ? IF IT DOES HOW MUCH ?"

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 5

There is something off about your story. Upwork isn't going to suspend an account because you complained that you didn't get a bonus payment.

Moral of the story is don't work on promises. Promises of bonus payments don't pay the bills. Only cold, hard cash pays the bills.

If the client was unhappy and it went into a dispute, then yeah he can give you private feedback. Brace yourself for the hit, learn from it, and know that you can recover from it.

allentitan
3 of 5

Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
4 of 5

Hi Allen,

I am sorry you had issues with that client. I see there is a ticket where the team explained in detail what happened and why the funds were reversed. 

As for your Job Success score, if a clients has been flagged as difficult to work with or has been suspended for policy violations, then the client's feedback will not count against your score.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

allentitan
5 of 5

Thanks Valeria K! I really appreciate your time you took to write this helpful words.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS