🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How do I add money to my balance to refun...
Page options
pipermartz
Community Member

How do I add money to my balance to refund a client?

Hi Upwork Community! How do I add money into my balance?

I client double paid me by accident; however, it took a few days for us to recognize the mistake, allowing for an auto-withdrawal into my banking accounts. 

I'd like to add money back in so that I can process the client's refund.

19 REPLIES 19
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Piper,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with this.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hey, so a client paid me to do a job. He didn't like what I made. I couldn't refund him because he told me after I deposited the money into my account. Upwork wouldn't let me refund because my Upwork balance was at 0. 

He paid 500 for the job. I got 400. We agreed that instead of a full refund because I still did work that I'd be able to get 40. So I paid him back 360 via paypal. But he paid 500 and feels he should get 460 back. The thing is UpWork got $100 of the 500 he paid. If I pay him for that 100, then I pretty much paid $100 to do a job and it makes absolutely no sense for me to lose money for doing a job. Is there any way Upwork can refund him the $100 it took from the 500 he initially paid?

Jonathan wrote:

So I paid him back 360 via paypal. 

That was not only a violation of Upwork's terms of service with which you have jeopardized your account, you have also now understood that it cost you an extra $ 100...

Jonathan wrote:

Is there any way Upwork can refund him the $100 it took from the 500 he initially paid?

Only if you refund through Upwork and don't lose your account over this...

I suggest you tell the client to refund the money you sent them per PayPal, then then you work with Upwork Support to add that money to your Upwork account, then refund through Upwork, which will get the client their full funds back.

You also need to learn really quickly what a red flag on a client's profile looks like. This was going to be a trainwreck right from the start... 

Hey, so a client paid me to do a job. He didn't like what I made.

Seems to be the norm for that client....

I also need help regarding How I add fund for refund

Hi Ravindra,

Could you please share the contract ID so that I can escalate your concern to the correct department?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I also need help funding my account so I could refund a client. No one is answering on the  Upwork Support since Saturday. Can someone help me please

Hello Isabel,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello,

I also need help with this. Thank you

I've been trying to talk to a Support but since Saturday no one is responding back. Can someone help me fund my account in order for me to refund a client. Asap thanks 

hey, did you get help? I need same help

Yes, a member of their Support Team emailed me with the set of instructions on how to fund my account. 

Try clicking the Get Support on the bottom right hand and wait for their response. They dont respond on weekends, at least based from my experience. 

naseef-p
Community Member

Hi, 

I also need help with the same. Money was withdrawn to my bank account and the current Upwork balance is not sufficient to process the refund. Someone help me ASAP.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Naseef, 

I've asked for help from the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. They will reach out to you directly through an email support ticket to help you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
09adf98d
Community Member

I am facing the same problem for refund, I need to add funds.

Kindly help

Hi Vishalkumar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
3a304dde
Community Member

I am also facing this problem and I need to add funds to my account to process a refund for my client. Please how do I go about this?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Owen, 

I have asked for help from the Customer Support Team, and they reached out to you directly to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
mohammedaa
Community Member

Hi, I am also facing this problem and I need to add funds to my account to process a refund for my client. I have raised a ticket but would help if could speak to someone from Upwork today, please?

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you or your message. I see that our support team has already responded to you with the details on how to add funds. You can access your support tickets here

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members