🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How do I cancel weekly salary?
Page options
05cd551b
Community Member

How do I cancel weekly salary?

How do I cancel salary that Client mistakenly added to the contract? (We already have an hourly rate established.) I can't even find on the website where the salary is mentioned or agreed to, but he received a bill for one.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kevin,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to your client via a support ticket to assist them with correctly setting up your contract.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kevin,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to your client via a support ticket to assist them with correctly setting up your contract.

~ Bojan
Upwork
05cd551b
Community Member

Bojan S wrote:

Hi Kevin,

How long does this take? It has been hours and I haven't even gotten a ticket number yet.

petra_r
Community Member

Kevin Z wrote:

Bojan S wrote:

How long does this take? It has been hours and I haven't even gotten a ticket number yet.

I've already explained to you what needs to happen. You want the client to end the contract and rehire you without the salary NOW so they are not charged for another day's worth of salary if this goes on until tomorrow.

05cd551b
Community Member

Yeah, Client has paused the contract so that should be avoided. I was just hoping for some official confirmation since they said they'd open up a ticket. We'll probably end up restarting the contract this afternoon.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kevin

Since this is something that needs to be done on the client's end our support team reached out to the client and already assisting them with this concern.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
9bb1b0ca
Community Member

Hey Bojan.

I have the same issue. Can someone from Upwork help me? 

Best

Olli

re: "I have the same issue. Can someone from Upwork help me?"

No, that is not how this works.

Tell the client that the only way to fix this is for them to close the contract and create a new contract withou a salary payment.

Waiting for Upwork to help means your client will be charged more.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sonora,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi!
I have the same issue. Can you help me? 
My client does not cancel salary payments and does not know how to do it. I don't want to have problems and I'm tired of sending refunds

Hi Nicolas,

To make changes, your client must end the current contract, rehire you, and set different terms in the Advanced Options. Feel free to check this help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Kevin Z wrote:

How do I cancel salary that Client mistakenly added to the contract? (We already have an hourly rate established.) I can't even find on the website where the salary is mentioned or agreed to, but he received a bill for one.

The client has to end the contract and hire you again, this time without adding a weekly salary.

The client must have set that up while creating the contract.

Because we are more than halfway through another week, the client will be charged again for 4/7 days of the current week on Monday.

05cd551b
Community Member

Argh, that's annoying, but thanks for letting me know and the timely response, Petra. 

wlyonsatl
Community Member

I once had a client who had made the same mistake, Kevin.

Neither he nor I could figure out what he was seeing as a "salary," because that's not what Upwork called it in its documentation at the time.

I see this is still called a "Weekly Payment" on Upwork's system, not a "salary,"

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063668-Get-Paid-for-Hourly-Contracts

....but you or your client may see the word "salary" still being used. But Upwork is now on the case for you, so it'll soon be sorted out.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members