🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How do I charge a one-time fixed feed to a cl...
Page options
eilean
Community Member

How do I charge a one-time fixed feed to a client on an hourly contract?

Hi everyone! I have a client with whom I have an hourly contract on Upwork. As part of our work together, we have regular weekly calls. However, for our last few calls, he has either rescheduled or canceled the call at the last minute. I plan to begin charging him a fee for these last-minute reschedulings/cancellations. 

Question to the community: What's the best way to implement a late fee into an hourly contract? Is it possible for me to bill him for a one-time fee within an hourly contract? Or do I need to start a new and separate contract with him solely to collect these late fees? 

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
8f30256c
Community Member

Ask the client to use the pay bonus tool on their side.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lysis10
Community Member

What I did once was start the tracker at the given start time. I typed in notes from what we were supposed to talk about for 10 mins. I'm not sure that would fly for payment protection, but at least you have a fighting chance should they dispute. Manual time is just auto-lose.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Eilean:

This is between you and your client.

The two of you can do whatever you both agree upon, as long as you do it through Upwork and Upwork's existing tools.

re: "Is it possible for me to bill him for a one-time fee within an hourly contract?"

Upwork has no button for "billing the client" like that.

But you may ask the client to pay you using the client-side Pay Bonus tool.

8f30256c
Community Member

Ask the client to use the pay bonus tool on their side.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths