🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How do I choose a thumbnail for the proje...
Page options
safesite
Community Member

How do I choose a thumbnail for the project video?

Hello!

I just submitted my first project with a video. I noticed the thumbnail for the video was a frame in the middle of the video.

The first few seconds of my video would make the perfect thumbnail to be shown to the client before clicking on the video to watch.

I noticed many other freelancers have perfect thumbnails for their videos.

On other sites, you can choose thumbnails, however, I do not see a way here on Upwork.

Is this something that needs to be done in the video editing software (I use DaVinci Resolve)?

How do I change the thumbnail of the video?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

11 REPLIES 11
JoanneP

Hi Larry,

I can see that our team already assisted you with your concern. If you need further assistance, please feel free to update the ticket, and our team will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
safesite
Community Member

Thank you.   I updated the ticket.

However, the answer given was that it pics a thumbnail "randomly" yet when I uploaded the file multiple times it always picked the same frame as a thumbnail.

Since this is the case, I do not believe that I was quite given the correct answer.   If it is random, why would it always pick the same frame?

Hi Larry, 

I checked your account and I can confirm that you have successfully followed up on the ticket. One of our agents will update you on the same ticket to assist you further in setting up your video thumbnail. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
1b601ae1
Community Member

same thing is happening to me, i can adjust the thumbnail. the spirit of video is defeated if it cannot showcase the correct thumbnail to the potiential clients

New Bitmap Image.png

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Babar,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
joshem
Community Member

Hi! I would like to know how can I choose a different thumbnail for the video I uploaded to my projects. 

I noticed the thumbnail for the video was a random frame in the middle of the video, and it does not look great, the first few seconds of my video would make the perfect thumbnail to be shown.

How do I change the thumbnail of the video? Do I have to export it in a special way?

I would really appreciate any assistance. Thank you! 

Hi Johanna,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
henrymichele
Community Member

Hello Support,

Like several other messages from freelancers, I need a different thumbnail on my project catalog video. How do I change the thumbnail image to another from the video?

Help from support would be deeply appreciated. Thank you!

Michele

Hi Michele,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Currently, there is no option to choose a thumbnail for your project video. The thumbnail is chosen automatically by the video uploading service. The team is looking to improve this experience where users can select the thumbnail. When we have more information about it, we'll surely share it with the Community.

~ Arjay
Upwork
maxsimagination
Community Member

Has this been resolved yet? My options are to add a static image or to use the video as primary but not have an ideal thumbnail. Any chace I can get the first frame in my video as the thumbnanil for my project and consultation?

eed9dcac
Community Member

Upwork just take the video as uploaded which will have the shot and maybe even title displayed professionally to avoid this extra work 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths