🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How do I close timesheet at end of job fo...
Page options
24afee33
Community Member

How do I close timesheet at end of job for which I've had to manually list my hours?

Hi, Sister & Fellow Freelancers:

I've just completed my first job through Upwork. I returned the proofread PDFs to the client via a Dropbox upload, as instructed. How do I handle the timesheet to show that I've finished the project? Is there a place for me to close it out? I've been entering my time manually because the project required me to retrieve the file from Dropbox.

Hope this is clearly stated. I will be grateful for any help/advice you can give me. Again, I need to show on my timesheet that the job has ended at 24 hours' worth of work.

Thank you!!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
9ce59770
Community Member

Congrats on your first project! You don't need to specify on the time tracker or anywhere when your project is done. Just make sure you've added all the hours in your timesheet so that you get paid.

If the project is completed, you can send a message to the client to close the contract whenever convenient. You can close it too, but it's better if they do so that they will leave feedback.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

You do not need to "close a time sheet."

On Upwork, there is no such thing as a time sheet separate from an hourly contract.

If you want to close a time sheet, then simply close the contract.

re: "How do I handle the timesheet to show that I've finished the project?"

There is no distinct button to use to indicate that you "finished."

If you are finished, then simply close the contract.

re: "Is there a place for me to close it out?"

Yes, you may close the contract.

Navigate to the contract listing, click on it, and select "close" or "end" or "cancel." These all mean the same thing.

re: "Hope this is clearly stated. I will be grateful for any help/advice you can give me. Again, I need to show on my timesheet that the job has ended at 24 hours' worth of work."

You get paid automatically for all of the hours that you logged on Upwork.

If you worked for five hours and logged those hours in your Upwork work diary, then you will get paid for five hours of work.

If you did not log those hours in your Upwork work diary, then you will not get paid. It's very simple.

9ce59770
Community Member

Congrats on your first project! You don't need to specify on the time tracker or anywhere when your project is done. Just make sure you've added all the hours in your timesheet so that you get paid.

If the project is completed, you can send a message to the client to close the contract whenever convenient. You can close it too, but it's better if they do so that they will leave feedback.

Perfect answer! Thank you so much! 💛

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members