cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I contact a freelancer

ginamarotta
Gina M Member Since: Jan 21, 2018
1 of 3

Hello - I prefer not to submit a project and then receive a slurry of emails from people around the world to my request.  I identified a freelander that I would like to reach out to, but am unable to see how I reach out to her.  Does Upwork not work this way?   Note, I would like three websites that I have to be reworked using WordPress.  I dont' have time nor an interest to respond to inquiries from people around the country or from job agents. 

hfspeegle
Community Guru
Heath S Member Since: Mar 16, 2016
2 of 3

Hello Gina,

When you create a job posting, you have the option to make that posting private or "invitation only." You can then send interview requests directly to the freelancer(s) of your choice. I hope this helps.

- Heath

bobafett999
Community Guru
Prashant P Member Since: Sep 29, 2015
3 of 3

@Gina M wrote:

I dont' have time nor an interest to respond to inquiries from people around the country or from job agents

Good move.  Job agents are called "Farmers".  They will apply and if they win they will subcontract on UPWORK and pocket the difference.  Follow Heath's suggestion and even if you have to post it make a note in the posting that No Agency please.

You are in luck that I don't do Wordpress, else I will be bothering you to hire me!!!!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS