cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I disable client to change their feedback?

Highlighted
Shruti S Member Since: Oct 27, 2017
1 of 7
Hi! I have been working on a contract with a difficult client. Today, I finally convinced the client to end the contract, and we mutually discussed that we both would leave 5 star rating to each. I did my part, but she left 4 star rating for me. So I sent her a request to edit the rating but now I am worried she will change it to worse! Is there a way I can stop this?
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 7
Lol weren’t really thinking hard with that move huh? If someone bugged me with this crap I’d tell them I’d give them 5 and then give them a 1 with a note that they are annoying beggars with feedback.
3 of 7

Is there a way I can stop this?

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
BEST ANSWER
4 of 7
Yeah quit annoying people with feedback. The contract ended badly and she gave you 4 stars with whatever private feedback. A smart person would see this as a good thing but now you’re being an entitled and shot yourself in the foot. You apparently know it too or you wouldn’t be here asking these things. We legit providers have to deal with your fallout when the client moves on to better things. It’s so annoying when I have to deal with burnt clients.
5 of 7

I get it! Some things are learned the hard way. I have learned my lesson, I will focus on improving my skills and doing good work. 

Thanks!

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 7

Shruti S wrote:

Is there a way I can stop this?

No. And those kind of feedback manipulation deals can get you suspended. Plus, whatever private feedback the client left is what really hits your JSS.

Ace Contributor
Melanie H Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
7 of 7

Shruti S wrote:
Hi! I have been working on a contract with a difficult client. Today, I finally convinced the client to end the contract, and we mutually discussed that we both would leave 5 star rating to each. I did my part, but she left 4 star rating for me. So I sent her a request to edit the rating but now I am worried she will change it to worse! Is there a way I can stop this?

Unfortunately, no, you can't prevent this. But really, you never can on any job; feedback is at the client's discretion. I've heard some weird stories already from both FLers and clients about poor feedback, even when a job went swimmingly and there was mutual love, so with this negative element (it seems like things weren't going well), yes, of course it's possible she'll lower the stars. But it's not definite or anything. Why did you want to end the contract, if you don't mind my asking?

DO NOT lose sleep over this. It's done. Simply NEVER contact this client again and in the future just don't discuss stars at all. You realize you made a mistake...so don't do it again and move forward getting more work, more ratings (hopefully positive) and building a reputation.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
User Accepted Solutions Count
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS