cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I edit my skill?

Highlighted
Barry F Member Since: Sep 1, 2014
1 of 16
Greetings Everyone! I recently created a new account, whilst I was setting myself up on oDesk, I came accross the "My Skills" link. I clicked it and added a few programming languages I am familiars. Unfortunately I didn’t complete the process because I wanted to learn more about what I was doing. How do I access my skills? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Highlighted
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
2 of 16
When you log in, scroll down a little and look on the right hand side. You should see your picture. Click 'edit my profile'.
Highlighted
Denise S Member Since: Dec 15, 2015
3 of 16

I'm new to Upwork... I saw your post and wanted to try it but i cant find the edit skills ur talking about. There is only a link to "add skills" but it only redirects me to my profile... please help me. Any form of help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
BEST ANSWER
4 of 16

Hi Denise,

This is assuming that you are in the profile page.

instruxa.jpg

Please click on the green pencil.

instruxb.jpg

Then enter your skills one at a time.  Please click "save".

instruxc.jpg

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Praseetha N Member Since: Dec 20, 2015
5 of 16

Hi,

I cannot add any skill to my profile and I cannot see any pencil icon too.Is someone out there facing the problem.Pls help.

Tks for your time. 

Prase

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 16

Hi Praseetha,

Please, make sure you log into your account and go to Find Work> Profile. You should be able to see the link to add Skills right under your location and local time:

Screenshot_13.png

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Mary Rose L Member Since: Jul 30, 2016
7 of 16

Hi! I am new to upwork, and am tyring to add skills, when I click in the type here box, a drop down of list comes up but I do not know these skills, so I try typing my own and click save, but it doesn't save. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thank you! 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 16

Hi Mary Rose,

You need to select your skills from the drop down that shows when you start typing them and then hit save. If it still doesn't save, please try using a different browser.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Saad J Member Since: Jan 13, 2016
9 of 16

HI Michelle,

Hope you are doing well? I m reallly stuck with my editing skills into my profile and I have tried my level best to get to it but unfortunately I couldn't make it. I will be grate ful if you help me over the issue. Actually I get to the profile but the option of edit profile I can not see it any where.

Hope to hear you soon

profound Regards,

Saad Khan

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Meeta A Member Since: Jul 29, 2015
10 of 16

My skills can be edited or added at 2 instances.

One what Juvy & Valeria said. Sometimes the pencil does not show. patiently scroll the mouse till the pencil shows.

Secondly you can [Select up to 10 categories that match your professional experience.]

after you log in to 'Find Work' page, you will see on TOP RIGHT your name mentioned. CLICK ON IT. A drop box with 'SETTINGS' & 'Log out' scrolls down.

Click on Settings - click Profile Settings - Scroll to Experience Level where you see 'ADD OR EDIT ' button on Right corner. Click it and then choose your 10 categories of skills.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS