🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How do I end a contract that couldn't be comp...
Page options
c24e4271
Community Member

How do I end a contract that couldn't be completed for reasons beyond the client or my control?

I am working with a very reasonable client on a project that, after we began, realized could not be completed in any reasonable timeframe due to a number of constraints.

How do I end a contract that couldn't be completed for reasons beyond the client or my control without negatively impacting either of our ratings/scores/etc.?

I saw similar cases on here, but I am hoping to provide him with some more specific guidance on what to do here so that there are no negative ramifications? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jaybopp82
Community Member

I believe you need to have at least some earnings on the contract before it is closed to ensure no negative impact on your JSS.  For hourly, this could include logging just 10 minutes of time, or for fixed price asking the client to reward you a bonus of the minimum possible amount allowed.  This assumes the client agrees and doesn't want your profile to be impacted.

Also, the client will have to leave good feedback.  It's against rules to ask the client to leave you good feedback, so you'll have to cross your fingers and hope they do so in the private section.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jaybopp82
Community Member

I believe you need to have at least some earnings on the contract before it is closed to ensure no negative impact on your JSS.  For hourly, this could include logging just 10 minutes of time, or for fixed price asking the client to reward you a bonus of the minimum possible amount allowed.  This assumes the client agrees and doesn't want your profile to be impacted.

Also, the client will have to leave good feedback.  It's against rules to ask the client to leave you good feedback, so you'll have to cross your fingers and hope they do so in the private section.

Good luck!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members