🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How do I file an Upwork complaint?
Page options
legalee
Community Member

How do I file an Upwork complaint?

I just have a client hire me for a legal job.  I accepted her contract through Upwork and began work on her project.  I was hired on a hourly basis and strated my Time Tracker.  I had worked about an hour when she tried to call me.  The problem was she tried to call me through the Whatspp.  I never received the call.  At any rate, she closed the contract and I want to simply refund the money to her.  However, I anticipate that she may have left me negative remarks for her lack of communication with me.  Obviously, I don't care about the hours work; however, I do care about my Job Success Rating.  I immediately contact an Upwork representative.  I explained the situation and she advised that there was nothing I could do about the potential negative rating by this client.  This is dumb.  I did nothing wrong and am to be penalized for same with a deduction in my Job Success Rating.  That's crazy.

My question is:  How can I voice my opinion to Upwork and let them know of this flaw in their system?  I work too hard for my excellent Job Success Rating Score to allow a frustrated client destroy it because she could not contact me on Whatsapp.

Suggestions?

Gary D. Moore, C.P.

4 REPLIES 4
yitwail
Community Member

Gary, a contract closed with no payment received can also lower JSS, so you should reconsider giving a refund in my opinion.

Thank you so much for the information. Also, I contacted Upwork headquarters and they said that because I am a top rated freelancer I could remove the negative remarks and it would NOT affect my Job Success Rating. Is that true?
legalee
Community Member

Thanks for the information. I contacted Upwork headquarters and they said because I am a top rated freelancer, I could remove the negative remarks and it would NOT affect my Job Success Rating. Is that true?
yitwail
Community Member

Gary, if you’re top rated and haven’t removed feedback in last 3 months or 10 jobs, then yes. However, you might wait until see how much effect it has on your JSS, in case it’s small so you can save it for when you take a bigger hit. And don’t worry that it might drop you below 90% JSS because you will still have a 2 week grace period during which you can remove the feedback.