🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How do I find MYSELF in search?
Page options
lavrik-av
Community Member

How do I find MYSELF in search?

I don't have any proposals, I don't have interviews.... Nothting at all for MANY YEARS from employers. So I decided to make searching. And...I just can't see me in a search result. I did my attemps but no luck. 😞

So the question is should I pay to Upwork to get into a search result?

Sorry for my "nice" English and thanks for advance!

9 REPLIES 9
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Andrew,

Freelancers in search results are showed on a rotating basis so that everyone gets a fair chance to be discovered. 

I searched your profile by your name and some of the skills you have listed on your profile and was able to locate it in the first 5 pages. But, please keep in mind that client and freelancers profile searches are not the same.

If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you for the reply!

"I searched your profile by your name and some of the skills you have listed on your profile" - can you please provide with details of your search?

Also, please take a look at the attached screenshot, I wasn't be able to find myself within 10 pages at all by the provided criteria. I can provide you with all the 10 pages of the search result.

You can try to use this quary as well.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

You wan't find me at the result and every time the same people at the first page:

Volodymyr Z
Vadym D.
Bohdan V.
andrii s.
Oleg H.

They all have the same skills and categories like on my profile.

But I'm not present at the list at all.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Andrew,

Simply searching for your name I was able to find your profile on the second page. Searching for your name and a keyword from your profile title also shows your profile on page 6.

Capture.PNG

Freelancers in search results are shown on a rotating basis. If you use the same search filters after some time you should see other freelancers on the first page and ect. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

"Searching for your name" - so this means that an employer MUST know a developer's name first to find and hire SOMEONE, right??? Is this a joke?

"Freelancers in search results are shown on a rotating basis" - I knew, no news for me at all.

What I'm saying is that I'M NOT PRESENT AT THE SEARCH RESULT AT ALL - I guess now it's seen a bit better.

Would you like me to provide you with all the 10 pages of search result?

Hi Andrew, 

I ran some searches and just like Goran I didn't find any issues with how your profile shows in search. While there are a lot of freelancers in the same category as you are, your profile still does show up in search. The client doesn't have to search by name. Here is one of my searches by specialization and with a few filters applied:

Screenshot_4.png

~ Valeria
Upwork

Sorry guys, what does it mean "**Edited for Community Guidelines**"???? Where are my comments???

I got it, looks like you don't have what to say in return and you've REMOVED them.

OK, I'll  make a request to Upwork support better than waste my time talking with you.

Dear Valeria, one SMALL remark - my rate isn't $60 like at the screenshot provided!!! I'd changed it two weeks ago. So, do stop lying...

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrew, 

I would like to confirm that your post was edited because it didn't meet our Community Guidelines. When posting in the Community, we request for users to adhere to the guidelines. The listed guidelines are not exhaustive, and we may edit, or remove some posts or threads that are inappropriate. In this case, your post was edited by our moderator, Goran as it didn't meet the guidelines. 

I also checked your profile, and can confirm that your $60 rate is showing on your Full-Stack Development profile. Valeria's search result is showing the Full-Stack Development profile which is why the $60 rate is displayed on the search result. Please know that the screen grab shared by Valeria is based on her search results.

Let us know if you have updated this rate to another rate, and the new rate is not reflecting on your profile so that we can look into this further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Andrew wrote:

OK, I'll  make a request to Upwork support better than waste my time talking with you.

Pointless.

I think you underestimate just how many freelancers with your skillset there are and how expecting to be always on the first 10 pages is unrealistic at best, delusional at worst.

The term "Full-stack developer" returns over 50,000 freelancers and around 9500 of those have a JSS in excess of 90% - so with 10 freelancers showing on each page, there would be 950 pages of Full Stack Developer search results with a 90%+ JSS.

So you expect to be on the first 10 of those 950 (!!) pages all the time based on what, exactly?

As was pointed out, the search results are rotated to give everyone a chance. The better your profile, the more often you rotate towards the top. Obviously, among so many thousands of freelancers, you won't find yourself easily all the time.

Andrew wrote:

Dear Valeria, one SMALL remark - my rate isn't $60 like at the screenshot provided!!! I'd changed it two weeks ago. So, do stop lying...

You did not change it to less than $ 20 on your Full Stack profile, which is still at $ 60 an hour. So (to quote yourself) "do stop lying!"

60.jpg

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths