cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find one of my existing clients on Upwork?

Community Guru
Cathleen C Member Since: Aug 17, 2015
1 of 11

Or is that one of the things Upwork has decided to take away from freelancers? I have a client that says she created an Upwork account, but I don't know how to find her. If I go to my Work History and look at her previous feedback, there isn't any reference to what client that was for. Something else Upwork has taken away.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 11

Just send her your permalink https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~013cd76364a79737dc - from which she can easily rehire you directly.

Community Guru
3 of 11

Thanks, but not what I asked. I want to find her. No way to do that? I think I remember hearing that clients don't have profiles, so if that is true, then there is nothing to find? They are a big secret?

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
4 of 11

The client will be in your job listings...current and previous.

No big mystery. Not everything is a consipiracy against you. Before accusing Upwork make sure you know what the facts are.

There's no excuse for being rude to Petra who was simply trying to help.

Community Guru
5 of 11

@Jean S wrote:

The client will be in your job listings...current and previous.

No big mystery. Not everything is a consipiracy against you. Before accusing Upwork make sure you know what the facts are.

There's no excuse for being rude to Petra who was simply trying to help.

Actually, Jean, I said thanks to Petra, so not rude. She didn't answer my question, she said THEY had to reach out to ME, which is not what I asked.

Conspiracy...well, from what I can tell, one cannot find a previous employer, even through feedback they left. Make sure I know the facts...I don't know the facts, which is why I am asking.

The client is NOT in my current or previous job listing, which is why I am asking. Unless I am not looking in the right place. Can you tell me exactly how to find that job listing?

Community Guru
Sandra T Member Since: Nov 26, 2014
6 of 11

Nope, not possible. Once they have approached you (through freelancer search or because you applied to their job post or have worked for them previously [on Upwork]), you can reach them through the existing message folder.

But there is no such thing as browsing random clients and sending them messages (or a "hire me" button Smiley Very Happy)

Community Guru
7 of 11

When I click on My Jobs and then on View All Contracts I can see all my previous customers.

It's also true you would be able to go directely to their client profile from the message section, as well as message them through that section.

Community Guru
8 of 11

@Jean S wrote:

When I click on My Jobs and then on View All Contracts I can see all my previous customers.

It's also true you would be able to go directely to their client profile from the message section, as well as message them through that section.

Well, but these are clients I have from Elance. Nothing seems to have transferred over when I go via your path. All that shows there are clients that I have worked with from the start on Upwork. It is almost as if Upwork wants everybody to disassociate with their Elance clients.

Community Guru
9 of 11

@Cathleen C wrote:

@Jean S wrote:

Well, but these are clients I have from Elance. Nothing seems to have transferred over when I go via your path. All that shows there are clients that I have worked with from the start on Upwork. It is almost as if Upwork wants everybody to disassociate with their Elance clients.

It would have helped to know they were from Elance and transferring didn't work.  

Community Guru
10 of 11

@Jean S wrote:

@Cathleen C wrote:

@Jean S wrote:

It would have helped to know they were from Elance and transferring didn't work.  

Upwork is expecting both freelancers and clients to transfer over, but transferring doesn't work.

Thanks for the answers, everyone. Add this nonsense to my list of why I won't be working here.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS