🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How do I get paid if my balance is less t...
Page options
russwiltshire
Community Member

How do I get paid if my balance is less than the withdrawal fee?

I have $12 in my agency account. I wish to close the account. It says I can't close it while I still have funds in my account. When I choose the option to get paid now, it says I need to pay a $30 transfer fee (which is fine, it's an international account). And it won't let me withdraw the funds. But there's no option to resolve this as far as I can see. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Russ,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with closing your agency. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Russ W wrote:

I have $12 in my agency account. I wish to close the account. It says I can't close it while I still have funds in my account. When I choose the option to get paid now, it says I need to pay a $30 transfer fee (which is fine, it's an international account). And it won't let me withdraw the funds. But there's no option to resolve this as far as I can see. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Is there no other withdrawal method to your location which costs less?

In that case the only option is to refund the $ 12 to the client(s)

Seriously? I have to go back to a client that paid me three years ago and say I'm about to refund them $12 just so I can close my Upwork account?

Russ W wrote:

Seriously? I have to go back to a client that paid me three years ago and say I'm about to refund them $12 just so I can close my Upwork account?

No, after 3 years it's too late anyway.

I was just thinking outside the box how you can get rid of that $ 12

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Russ,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with closing your agency. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Just circling back in case this thread is picked up by others with the same problem. It is not correct that the only option is to refund the client(s). What actually happened is that someone from the support team got in touch and suggested to set up a different withdrawal method. This was not possible in the country my agency is registered in. When I told them so, they simply removed the agency account. I'm ok with that result as it was quick, $12 is not significant and I have more important things to worry about. Also from day one I knew that the only feasible option for withdrawing funds was the wire transfer so I have to work within the limitations of the destination country's antiquated banking system - that's not Upwork's fault.

Anyhew... here's an idea... put an option on the "close account" screen to donate the cash to a charity and close the account anyway. I get to close the account without having to go through unreliable community support to get to the people who can actually solve my problem, Upwork's reputation is untarnished, and some poor soul who needs the money more than me or Upwork gets some help.

Hi Russ,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! I'll make sure to pass it on to our product team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths