🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How do I get paid?
Page options
56e978b3
Community Member

How do I get paid?

I have $100 in escrow but the job was advertised at $250. I've completed the job and submitted the work for payment twice. I've not been paid. @upworkgurus what can I do next?

Thanks guys.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the reply, super helpful. The original job was advertised at $250 and only $100 went in escrow. I'll take this as a learning! It's good to hear that I'll eventually get the $100 if I wait it out. I need something for the hours I've put in on that job. Thanks for all the replies x

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JoanneP

Hi Paul,

It seems like you are referring to a Fixed Price contract. Clients fund every milestone with a specific budget depending on the task that needs to be completed for the funded milestone. Milestones are used to break up a larger project into defined steps, deliverables, or payments that you and your client have arranged. They can use the remaining amount of the total budget for creating another milestone. In your case, since you have completed the project already, you might want to reach out to your client about the remaining funds. They have the option to send this to you as a bonus instead. In the future, it would be best that you discuss the job and review the contract details with the client to ensure that both parties agree on the terms. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
sofia2008
Community Member

Hi Paul, the job could have been advertized at 10K, and it doesn't make any difference.

The important amount is the one you and your client agreed to for the project.

If you both agreed to $100, the client puts $100 in escrow, you completed the work and submitted for payment of $100. You will be paid for $100 in 14 days if the client does not approve the milestone sooner. The client is allowed 14 days, so I would not bug him with it. If you resubmit the work again, this will reset the days to 14.

Thanks for the reply, super helpful. The original job was advertised at $250 and only $100 went in escrow. I'll take this as a learning! It's good to hear that I'll eventually get the $100 if I wait it out. I need something for the hours I've put in on that job. Thanks for all the replies x

Good day....

What about in a situation where the job poster approved the milestone payment - just the first of 2 - and I've gotten alerted to it but when I go to upwork the one place I can see it says "pending"and never further info.  It also doesn't show up on this years earnings, its actually showing up as LAST years, even though I just started the job.  I never got to submit anything directly on upwork before the client  approved the milestone and I'm wanting to ensure I get the payout ASAP.  I've already addded bank stuff etc (2 day wait to release to new payout methods for those of you who haven't done that yet) and again don't see anything pending for this job in the payout area.  I found it only as recent work activity, but the first milestone payment has not hit my account.  How does that aspect operate with Upwork?

Thank you kindly!

Hi Amanda,

I checked your account and can see that you have a pending payment from your currently ongoing contract, under Reports > Overview. This means that your client has already released the payment for the said milestone and it's going through its Security Period. Note that all manual payments, including milestones and bonuses, become available 5 days after the payment is successfully processed. You can check this help article for more information on how the billing cycle works.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thank you!
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths