Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get paid?

georgia-peard
Georgia P Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
1 of 4
Hello,

I have completed my first job and my work diary reflects the charges however I got an email about setting up payment. I went to do this and it says my balance is zero? Could you please advise whether I am meant to "submit" or "bill" the client somehow? I am unsure how I am to get paid and why my balance says zero which is not consistent with my work diary.

Thank you in advance for your support.
Georgia
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 4

Georgia,

Go to your reports page

It shows which stage your payment is in, and also lets you hover over a number of question marks that explain things.

Then look at When will I get paid?

georgia-peard
Georgia P Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
3 of 4
Fantastic thank you!!
tbisciglia
Tom B Member Since: Apr 27, 2016
4 of 4

Georgia,

To go a bit further on this, if you are doing an hourly job, you will physically get paid 10 days after the last day of the week in which you did work. This means, since a week ends on Sunday (at midnight GMT), you will be paid the Wednesday of the week after. The money comes in to Elance, and you can withdraw it manually (if you have a bank account set up, or Paypal, or another accepted means), or you can set it up to pay you automatically if you have earned at least $100. It's terrific once you get into a good rhythm of work; you get paid automatically and you just monitor your hours with the easy to use reports. It actually lets you do some short-term budgeting! What a relief for the contractors of the world!

-- Tom

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS