🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How do I get the remaining payment in esc...
Page options
5607683f
Community Member

How do I get the remaining payment in escrow?

My client hasn't written to me for a long time and I continued to send jobs despite him. I asked for a payment of five dollars at first, just out of formality. It came to me automatically the day after I asked for it, but I still have money inside and the customer never writes to me. How can I get the remaining payment?Ekran Alıntısı.JPG

8 REPLIES 8
759e32fa

Hi Mustafa,

Thank you for reaching out. The client has to open a milestone and fund them with the budget in Escrow. Once you submit work for payment, the client can review them and decide to release the payment.

**Edited to add: Please do not start working on a milestone unless it’s been funded. So the work you submit should only correspond to the agreed work and monetary value of the milestone. 

~ AJ
Upwork

If the client does nothing, what will happen to the funds in the remaining escrow?

Hi Mustafa,

I'm afraid that you won't be able to receive the funds in escrow unless there's a funded milestone. In the future, remember that you shouldn't work on a project unless there's a contract in place with a funded milestone for the work that you're delivering.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a77045c6
Community Member

I submitted my work to the client, but I got no response from them. I have never found a client like this before on Upwork. This is the first case. I asked them a couple of questions, they just said "Thank you". I've been wondering and waiting for the payment.waiting.png

a77045c6
Community Member

My first client opened a milestone of $5.00, then I started working on the project, but it took many hours to get the job done. I had to wait (1-2 months, unsure) for the payment of $0.96 😂. I requested them to close the contract, and have no idea what to do next with the pending Funded in Escrow. 

pending.png

Hey Apinia, submit your work via Upwork and get automatically paid in 14 days if the client doesn't request a revision. Thanks!

Hi William, thank you so much for your advice. I did it. 😅

williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Mustafa, please submit your work via Upwork to the client and then Upwork automatically pays you in 14 days provided the client doesn't ask for a revision. Thanks!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members