cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I invite freelancers to join my agency?

michaelhermano
Michael H Member Since: Sep 1, 2015
11 of 29

Hi Nikita,

I just created an agency and invited my team to join my agency. I have sent invites to them but no one received any invites. I have followed the instructions and invited them using their email addresses. I don't know what to do next.

Regards, 

Michael H.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
12 of 29

Hi Michael,

I am sorry about the issue with adding members to your agency. Could you please submit a ticket to Customer Support with more information about which users you invited to join your agency so the team could investigate the issue with missing email invitations?

~ Valeria
Upwork
akb2b
Annette K Member Since: Jan 20, 2016
13 of 29

I just upgraded from freelancer to an agency, because I'm trying to actually BUILD one and am in need of part-time support for specific skill sets and verticals. So, am I understanding correctly that I can't post a job as an agency, AND I can't reach out to freelancers without having their contact information, but I CAN post a job as a client?  Do I need to therefore set up a separate client account?

This entire process is a bit convoluted and not conducive to helping either Upwork or it's members share and gain business!

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
14 of 29

Hi Annette, 

If you need to hire a freelancer to help you with certain tasks or complete assignments for you, you should do it using a client-company. Here is more information about how to do it.

As an agency owner, you can add members to your team and manage bidding, interviews and payment processes, while your agency contractors focus on completing the work for the clients. Here is more information about agencies.

~ Valeria
Upwork
nileshtrivedi23
Nilesh T Member Since: Jul 7, 2016
15 of 29

Hi Valeria,

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
16 of 29

Hi Nilesh,

Your Freelancer profile is already associated with your Agency, please check your agency badge and link on your freelancers profile. You can also find your name listed on your agency's roster.

Creating duplicate accounts is a violation of our ToS, so please contact Customer Support and our team will assist you with closing the second one.

Please have a look at more information about managing and working for an Agency here and here.

Untitled
nileshtrivedi23
17 of 29

Hi Vladimir G,

Thanks for your valuable feedback, Should i have upgrade my account for adding more users? or i can add with using basic plan?

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
18 of 29

Hi Nilesh,

Yes, upgrading to a Agency Plus plan will enable you to add other freelancers to your agency, but just to clarify that it won't allow you to create additional accounts of your own.

Untitled
nileshtrivedi23
19 of 29

Thanks.

amreisenauer39
Andrea R Member Since: Aug 23, 2016
20 of 29

I've been reading this forum and just need one thing clarified: is paying for an Agency PLUS plan the ONLY way to be able to add other freelancers to my agency? If so, this should clearly be stated when creating an agency, as I see no purpose in offering a free agency plan if it can only have one member. If not, could you please let me know how to add freelancers to my agency? I have tried everything except for posting a job (which isn't allowed) and nothing seems to work. Thank you.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS