🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How do I invoice for work
Page options
michaljaros84
Community Member

How do I invoice for work

Hi,

I'm running a company in Poland, VAT registered.

On regular contracts, when job is done I generate the invoice to the partner which is then used by my accountant to do all the tax related magic that makes money dissapear from my bank account 😉 

How does it work with Upwork? Whom do I address invoice to? Do I generate one at all? This seems the tricky part.

Thanks,

Michal

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Michal J wrote:

Hi,

I'm running a company in Poland, VAT registered.

On regular contracts, when job is done I generate the invoice to the partner which is then used by my accountant to do all the tax related magic that makes money dissapear from my bank account 😉 

How does it work with Upwork? Whom do I address invoice to? Do I generate one at all? This seems the tricky part.

Thanks,

Michal

That's the easy part, it is completely automated on upwork. You need to make sure that your name is on the bank account, I don't believe you will be able to use a company account with a different name on it. Unless you are working as an agency, upwork considers you a single natural person, meaning all your information needs to match. (Your name = name on bank account)

Yeah, and the cute pic needs to go. No children on your profile pic, please. (for a million reasons, one it's against terms of service, the other just common sense)

petra_r
Community Member

The invoices are already created for you, all you have to do is to download them on your transaction history.

Click on the green link against the job in question on the right, and thenon "view invoice"

view invoice.jpg

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths