cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I know if a Job Posting I bid/applied for, has been taken?

boucanier
Xanthelle B Member Since: Jul 19, 2016
1 of 5

I applied for 3 Job Postings, and it has been 2 weeks since. I do not know if the jobs have been taken already; will they be on my profile forever? How do I get the postings off.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
BEST ANSWER
2 of 5

No, they won't be on your profile forever. They'll move to "archived" when the job is closed or expires. There's no reason to concern yourself about those old bids unless you've decided you wouldn't want the job after all, and then you can withdraw the proposal.

Often, the client won't close the job after hiring someone, or never hires anyone at all. But, sometimes the client is just busy or hires someone who doesn't work out and they'll come back and make you an offer long after you've moved on to other projects and forgotten about them.

View solution in original post

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 5

Successful Upwork contractors don't ask this question. They don't look back. They don't wait by the phone.

Bid on jobs. Then keep bidding on jobs. Forget about them once you bid on them.

If a client contacts you to hire you or interview you, give them your full attention.

boucanier
4 of 5

Not what I asked, Preston, but thank you for the reply.

boucanier
5 of 5

Thank you, Tiffany. Your answer completely set my mind to ease and was exactly what I wanted to know.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS